Daemon Damage?

By stickerman, in WFRP Rules Questions

Can anyone tell me where it says what damage a Daemon does in the Core Set? It has talons and teeth I guess and page 57 of the TofA has actions it can use, and page 95 has its stats but other than frightening PCs to death if it were to actually hit them what does it use?

Depends on the type of Daemon, but for three types the info you're looking for is right there on pages 57 and 95 of the Tome of Adventure.

Look in the "ST" column... that's their Strength. The number in parenthesis after their Strength is their DR. So if "The Daemon (Weak)" from pg95 hits for "normal damage" it's 8 points (4+4) before Soak is applied.

Additional explanations of how the stat bars work can be found on page 47 of the same book.

*Edited to better answer the original post.*

Edited by r_b_bergstrom

Goddit thanks Bergstorm; sorry tired from flipping endlessly through these books to assemble the information I need in one place ie a spread sheet.

Does that mean then I don't need to work out what Beastmen are armed with; just use the DR.?

Edited by stickerman

Does that mean then I don't need to work out what Beastmen are armed with; just use the DR.?

Yep... and you can assume their CR is effectively rolled into their Action cards, too.

Or, if you prefer, you can swap out the listed DR in the stat block for a weapon. Just be aware that will usually result in the NPCs becoming a bit stronger. Giving them a CR in particular can be dangerous, because Crits are usually so much worse on PCs than on monsters.