Adversary Cards Please! Help a GM out why don't ya!

By FuriousGreg, in Star Wars Roleplaying Specialization and Adversary Decks

I know there's already a thread but I don't think you can bring this up too much...

The Specialization decks are marginally useful, if that, and the Signature abilities a bit more useful, maybe, but the GM is the real person in the group that needs some lovin' and a deck of Adversary cards with multiple minions and such would be really, really useful.

So get on with it and help a GM out...

Edited by FuriousGreg

This is definitely something I would pick up if it had a piece of art representing the Adversary on each card.

Edited by jerrypocalypse

I know there's already a thread but I don't think you can bring this up too much...

The Specialization decks are marginally useful, if that, and the Signature abilities a bit more useful, maybe, but the GM is the real person in the group that needs some lovin' and a deck of Adversary cards with multiple minions and such would be really, really useful.

I originally thought so too, but with OggDude's GM Tools I find I don't really need them anymore. It is really easy to generate encounters with multiple adversaries using it. Pre-made and homebrewed.

ETA: FangGrip apparently hit Post seconds before I did. :)

They aren't cards, but Oggdude's character generator also includes GM tools. One of those tools not only prints out adversaries, but you can print out an entire encounter such as two groups of Stormtroopers (4 each) plus a Stormtrooper Sergeant.

But, yes I was a lover of the cards that FFG put out for Warhammer.

I think the two things that could benefit from "cards" for this system are Gear and Adversaries myself. Those are things that you could need on the fly when the GM suddenly needs a new bad guy to throw at the group or a PC grabs that Fusion Lantern off of a downed foe. You thus wouldn't need to stop and crack the book open for details. I never understood needing quick cards for things such as Talents since those could be listed on the character sheet and you won't be adding them suddenly on the fly, only at big pauses or breaks between adventures.

Edited by Sturn

I originally thought so too, but with OggDude's GM Tools I find I don't really need them anymore. It is really easy to generate encounters with multiple adversaries using it. Pre-made and homebrewed.

I did a search and all I found was the Character generator, what other tools has he got?

I did a search and all I found was the Character generator, what other tools has he got?

The character generator comes with multiple .exe files. one of them is called eoteGMtools or some such. That is great, and has all of the adversaries from a bunch of books you can import.

Thanks man! :D

Thanks man! :D

You are quite welcome. I am glad I could help. :D

Read the FAQ about how to import adversaries from the other books to help save you some time.

Is there a link to these tools that you have handy?

Hello!

Some more adversary decks on this YouTube video:

from 1:00 - 1:30

Looks promising, and thank you for listening.

Meek!

Edited by RRunner

Looks sweet. My money the empty spot in X-wing will be The Ghost. The 2 empty shelves are way intriguing....

:D