Using Know Somebody more than once?

By Desslok, in General Discussion

Okay, here's a quickie question for you guys. The Know Somebody ability, the "once per session, reduce the rarity of a legal item by one" obviously stack - if the player bought it twice, they can reduce the rarity by two. However, is it reasonable for a player to be able to buy two items each reduced in rarity once?

However, is it reasonable for a player to be able to buy two items each reduced in rarity once?

seems reasonable to me. I've let players do so... but it was rarity 1 & 2 items. splitting it, in the hands of one of my group, would lead to complex calculations of cost/benefit.

Okay, here's a quickie question for you guys. The Know Somebody ability, the "once per session, reduce the rarity of a legal item by one" obviously stack - if the player bought it twice, they can reduce the rarity by two. However, is it reasonable for a player to be able to buy two items each reduced in rarity once?

Technically it's against the rules, but I don't see it as being a problem if you house-rule otherwise, in effect allowing the PC to use the talent twice, but at half effect.

One other thought - allowing it to be split means more bookkeeping.

Since our shopping trips all tend to be at the same time, the bookkeeping pretty much consists of remembering a few minuets into the past. :)

Yeah, it didn't seem very game breaking to me either. I'll mention it to the rest of the group and see what they think - I just wanted another opinion first. Of course it's academic for the moment, since I'm still a week or two away from buying my second Know Somebody.