Force weapon breakage?

By Ansalagon, in Deathwatch Rules Questions

So reading another thread, I came to wonder does force weapons break?

I believe that the discribtion states something about that they are virtually impossible to break... But i don't see anything in the rules for it? So what happens if a force weapons and a power weapon and a power weapons connect?

I houseruled that the forceweapon are virtually impervious... they don't break, but they don't break other peoples weapon either. And they don't count as power weapns against hordes or for any other situation either....

So what are your thoughts?

What would happen when force weapons hit power weapons and power hit power weapons?

"Bugger all"

Core rulebook P155

Force weapons cannot be destroyed by a power weapons field

They all just go *clang* effectively, or *ching*, *swoosh*, *vzzt* or whatever sound effect you want to employ to indicate metal hitting metal and sparky power fields jolting around.

However this does not necessarily mean they are indestructible. The rules for Relic Blades (P169) says that these things are so painful, they have a 25% chance of breaking weapons normally immune to Power Fields (including one with a Power Field, which does cover both of them technically.

I generally house rule that if the item being used is some sort of high tier relic or very potent Xenos/Chaos weapon (Axe of Khorne wielded by a Greater Daemon), they can be strong enough to shatter Force or Power blades but they have to be seriously tough items which can only be wrecked by other Relics.

Edited by Calgor Grim

Hmm, you just gave me nice idea Calgor Grim :)

Players beware :ph34r:

Oh dear...

GMs should feel free to create situations which can destroy weapons, or other items, as they see fit. Just be careful not to force those situations on the players without giving them a way out or method to mitigate them, or to overuse it.

Edited by herichimo