Question about ranged attack

By DaGreat, in Warhammer: Diskwars

Except from LoS, is there anything else that prevents a unit from using its ranged attack? Being pinned? Pinning another unit?

A pinned disk cannot make a ranged attack since it cannot be activated.

What about if it is the one pinning the other disk? Can it still make its ranged attack against any disk in range ?

Yes. Except that a disk cannot make a anged attack against itself.

Thanks for all your answers.

One more question. If my unit makes a ranged attack against a disk it is pinning and I get an arrow. Do I scatter on my disk or does it count as "cannot make a ranged attack against itself" and would therefore scatter elsewhere at close range ?

Edited by DaGreat

that one is easy: rules page 19 (Scatter): "[scatter] results can be resolved against the disk making the ranged attack."

that one is easy: rules page 19 (Scatter): "[scatter] results can be resolved against the disk making the ranged attack."

Could you clarify something for me on this.. I've been trying to find the correct answer in the rulebook. It says here that the scatter result can be resolved against the disk making the ranged attack. I'm going to place two examples below to hopefully answer my own question.

I use my hell cannon at siege range, and I roll two misses and a scatter. There are no units within range of that target, so this scatter die counts as a miss? What about if I roll ANOTHER scatter die on the new target? Also counts as a miss from what I'm reading.

I use my hell cannon at short range and have a scatter on a target.. the target is in short range of only my hell cannon.. I reroll the scatter die and roll a hit. Does it basically mean they fired and it backfired?

Thanks!

Could you clarify something for me on this.. I've been trying to find the correct answer in the rulebook. It says here that the scatter result can be resolved against the disk making the ranged attack. I'm going to place two examples below to hopefully answer my own question.

I use my hell cannon at siege range, and I roll two misses and a scatter. There are no units within range of that target, so this scatter die counts as a miss? What about if I roll ANOTHER scatter die on the new target? Also counts as a miss from what I'm reading.

I use my hell cannon at short range and have a scatter on a target.. the target is in short range of only my hell cannon.. I reroll the scatter die and roll a hit. Does it basically mean they fired and it backfired?

Thanks!

Right in all accounts.