House of Fears - can someone explain the plot to me

By Polaris13, in Mansions of Madness Print on Demand Expansions

I have been reading the scenario again and again. I do not understand the plot at all. I know the investigators have been invited to a screening of a movie that is based on the investigators themselves. But there is no where mentioning that something weird is happening in the house. Why did the investigators decided to explore the house? Why can't they just sit in the chapel and continue to watch the movie? Some clarification on the plot will help tremendously.

There really isn't suppose to be a hint (beyond the things brought in for the screening from previous investigations) that there would be anything wrong until they show up at the screening, and that's when the investigators figure out that something is bad has happened. (Ghosts in the halls, strange sounds, if I remember right nobody else but the investigators are there & it should be packed with people (there were a lot of expensive cars outside))(it's been a while since I've played this one so I might not have the details straight.) The experienced investigators show up for a relaxed screening of a movie based on their exploits, and find themselves in a mess again; poor guys never get a break.