Rhaegar timing question

By Cwethan, in 2. AGoT Rules Discussion

When Rhaegar dies and his ability is triggered all remaining phases in that round end. Do they end simultaneously or consecutively?

Essentially - would he still be in play (though of course moribund) as each of the phases ends if he died to a plot phase valar?

I don't see what it would change (remember that no responses may be triggered at the end of a phase), but I think each phase has its own end-of-phase framework.

All phases are considered to end sequentially. So if you Valar in the plot phase and Rhaegar is triggered, all of those Riverrun Guards with their "at the end of the challenge phase" effects are off the table when the "end of challenges" clean up happens.

Thanks ktom!

All phases are considered to end sequentially. So if you Valar in the plot phase and Rhaegar is triggered, all of those Riverrun Guards with their "at the end of the challenge phase" effects are off the table when the "end of challenges" clean up happens.

So if Rhaegar dies, each phase still ends sequentially? So what would happen with the new Bloodthirst agenda if Rhaegar was used for claim durning a military challenge, but the Bloodthirst player still had fewer characters? Would he still get to draw two cards at the end of the challenge phase?

Edited by Butaman551

Follow up question....

So if Rhaegar dies, each phase still ends sequentially? So what would happen with the new Bloodthirst agenda if Rhaegar was used for claim durning a military challenge, but the Bloodthirst player still had fewer characters? Would he still get to draw two cards at the end of the challenge phase?

If it's an "end of phase" trigger, then, whoever fulfills it gets the benefit.

I assume that if someone has played Valaar and another player has played Battle of Oxcross - then if there were any survivors from the Valaar you would kill (one of) them at the end of the challenge phase (If Rhaegar dies from Valaar)

At the end of the challenge phase, each player who has not won a Military challenge must choose and kill 1 character he or she controls

I assume that if someone has played Valaar and another player has played Battle of Oxcross - then if there were any survivors from the Valaar you would kill (one of) them at the end of the challenge phase (If Rhaegar dies from Valaar)

At the end of the challenge phase, each player who has not won a Military challenge must choose and kill 1 character he or she controls

correct

I'd forgotten that you still trigger all end of phase actions ... so I was thinking that if I ended the round my opponent would keep a character he had taken (one that gets returned at end of phase) ... thankfully that it not correct

I was looking for a Rhaegar thread as I wanted to be sure about what happens

Even though it says "end the current round", you still go through the motions of ending each phase - ok !

Can his response be cancelled or does the round end when his response is triggered?

Hi, whilst im not disputing this, can you tell me where it is documented you have to complete the end of each phase ? This has confused me as the card states to 'end the round'.

Thanks

(v1.0) Rhaegar Targaryen F82
When the round is brought to an end by
Rhaegar's ability, the current phase and
all phases remaining in the round are also
considered to end. If the round ends during
a challenge, that challenge ends without
resolution

Straight from the FAQ. This avoids abilities lasting across second rounds, and all sorts of painful rules that would entail.

Can his response be cancelled or does the round end when his response is triggered?

The round ends when his response resolves. The opportunity to cancel an effect always comes before the effect resolves. So yes, his response can be canceled between its initiation and resolution using normal cancel timing.

Thanks ktom - I was being rather optimistic with that one :)

(v1.0) Rhaegar Targaryen F82
When the round is brought to an end by
Rhaegar's ability, the current phase and
all phases remaining in the round are also
considered to end. If the round ends during
a challenge, that challenge ends without
resolution

Straight from the FAQ. This avoids abilities lasting across second rounds, and all sorts of painful rules that would entail.

So if all remaining phases are considered to end, the effect of for example Riverrun would also take effect at the end of the challenge phase if Rhaegar somehow was killed during marshaling phase?

Yes.

I was looking for a Onlinesbi TutuApp aadhar card Rhaegar thread as I wanted to be sure about what happens

Edited by toucherts