Digital version of Runebound

By klexx, in Runebound

A digital version of Runebound would be perfect for new and old fans, since Runebound is out of print. This would fix the problem along with an opportunity of streamlining this classic game, without rendering the 2nd edition obsolete, while giving new fans the opportunity to get the total exp and bringing PC gamers to the shrine of legendary Runeboud, a three way win!

I hope it's not what is coming for RB...

I'd be so sad I think i'd burn all my FFG games and send them the video...

I'm hoping for a 3rd ed!

Streamlined like they have done with Descent 2nd ed

Continue from where they left off.

FFG could easily do both. I may be a newbie on the fora, but I'm not a newbie to gaming. FFG has the resources. It could contract out the digital conversion and produce/bring back Runebound. APs for LOTR LCG are 15 Euros a pop where I live and FFG just announced a new big box for that excellent game. Now, getting the LOTR licence cannot have been cheap.

But I do understand your point and what I find curious is that there are a LOT of posts here clamoring for Runebound, but FFG is remaining deathly silent on the subject. Could it be that FFG is gauging interest in the game, or, is FFG just hoping we'll eventually clam up?

To Subt1e: I don't really think Runebound needs much streamlining to be honest. I taught the game to my girlfriend's 12 year old son in 20 minutes and he was playing like a pro, and, this is a kid who is practically surgically attached to CoD on his PS3! LOL

digital doesn't necessarily exclude new print releases. ;)

if anything, it might generate some buzz for a reprint/new edition.

I'd play the s*ht out of a solo adventure version.

But I do understand your point and what I find curious is that there are a LOT of posts here clamoring for Runebound, but FFG is remaining deathly silent on the subject. Could it be that FFG is gauging interest in the game, or, is FFG just hoping we'll eventually clam up?

To Subt1e: I don't really think Runebound needs much streamlining to be honest. I taught the game to my girlfriend's 12 year old son in 20 minutes and he was playing like a pro, and, this is a kid who is practically surgically attached to CoD on his PS3! LOL

while it's always nice to see new official material in the end FFG is a business. if it's not feasible to revise/reprint/extend a game there isn't much we can do. c'est la vie :/

as for streamlining, RB is on the heavier side of things and can drag on quite a bit, especially with more players. while I have no problem playing 4-5 hours at once I can understand that it's not attractive for everybody.

Edited by Gray

Gimme RB3 and TAKE MY MONEY!!