Melusine

By The Alchemist, in Grimm RPG

Ahhh... Melusine. The ultimate enigma of Grimm.

Did you ever use her in your game? How? What was she? What was her peurpose? Her nature?

What would your opinion on her be?

The following is copied from another thread. I was the original author of the post.

As for Melusine, what if she is like a vampire, but instead of feeding on blood, what if she feeds on fear? The original dark and horrific nature of the Grimm Fairy Tales was perfect to scare people and give her more to feed upon. Which may also be why very few of the inhabitants of the Grimm Lands kill an adventurer outright. Maybe Melusine has a bit of sway over their lives and uses them to promote terror to feed her hunger.

Halloween said:

What would your opinion on her be?

My opinion about her? That by having no personality, no background, and no motivation, Melusine gets all of these things and more.

It is a paradox... But nothing in the Grimmlands is truly logical, is not it?

Melusine is an enigma, as she was meant to be. Powerful, maybe even omnipotent. All knowing, yet she reveals very little. Her motivation... Secret, arcane. Maybe it is not for mortals to comprhend. Melusine does as she does, terribly beutiful and cold. Not a faery, not a ghost, not a godess.

Melusine is Melusine.

I came across a line in a book that indicates she may have had a connection, and even been the founding matriarch, of the french crown, who were supposedly descended from Mermaids, and Melusine was the name of a water spirit.

The less well-known collecter of fairy tales, Charles Perrault, was French, and lived and collected tales before the Brothers Grimm, and died when they were just children. He was also connected to the french crown.

Suspicous coincidence, isn't it?