Developmeng Card and other questions

By Ulrictar, in Warhammer Invasion Rules Questions

Hi

Just got this game and played a couple of games

Can you clarify the following

1) When you have a development card in a zone that is attacked if damge is taken against the capitol does it get assigned to the development card first, removing them from play or do you simple take it from the capitol and leave the cards in play

2) If a defender has units in a zone that is being attacked and you choose not to defend with them can the attacker assign damage to them (i.e can you protect a unit by not involving it in the fight) I can see this being used with units on a quest to ensure you can activate its action

3) Regarding Quests if you need to have 3+ resources to activate the action does it deplete the resources when it perform its action (i.e. you have a recharge cycle) I was playing against a Orc player and he had the card that removes all support buildings and it crucified me

4) Are the resource collected on the quest card removed at the start of the kingdom phase ( I assume not )

5) In regards the empire Warrior Priest card -It says you can redirect damage to any other battlefield ,Is this saying I can inflict a damage on my opponent as its a 2 player game and the only other battlefield is his

6) in regards the quest: Defend the Borders

Quest. While Defend the Border has 3 or more resource tokens on it, redirect the first point of damage done to your capital each turn to another target unit or capital. Quest. Forced: Place 1 resource token on this card at the beginning of your turn if a unit is questing here.

Am I right in saying this would be redirected to my opponents units\capitol and i could chose the unit but if I targeted his capitol he would chose the zone

7) In Contested Fortress it removes one wound per turn, am I right in saying this would occur in my turn and in my opponents turn, in effect removing 2 wounds over all

Edited by Ulrictar

1) They stay in play. There are some cards in the later sets that let you turn Developments into units, or flip them face up and turn them into whatever they actually are.

2) No. Cards that force your opponent to defend with a specific unit, allow you to deal damage to a specific unit remotely, or destroy a unit, are all very useful to keeping a dangerous quest in check.

3) No. Though, Smash 'em All does require he sacrifices a unit. It's best to get rid of questing units as quickly as possible.

4) No. Also other cards that collect resources (there are a few units) keep their tokens between turns.

5) You can target any unit in any battlefield with this ability, including your own. You choose where that point of damage goes.

6) Yes and no. Cards that allow your opponent to choose will say they deal "indirect damage", usually with reminder text saying that each player assigns their own. You pick the unit. I suspect you pick the zone, if you want to damage one, but I could be mistaken there.

7) No. "Cancel" means prevent, not remove. Compare it with Keystone Forge which "heals" one damage from your capital each of your turns, and any unit with toughness "whenever this unit is damaged, cancel x of that damage." Contested Fortress is armor for your capital, not healing.

Hi

Thanks for this information, another question

regarding counterstrike, once declared as defender I immeadiately deal damage, if this would kill a unit does the unit still get to fight

Hi

Thanks for this information, another question

regarding counterstrike, once declared as defender I immeadiately deal damage, if this would kill a unit does the unit still get to fight

No. Your opponent declares attackers. You declare defenders. Your counterstrike units deal damage now. If this destroys enemy units, they are discarded immediately. Each player counts how much power they have. Then they start to assign damage.

3) Regarding Quests if you need to have 3+ resources to activate the action does it deplete the resources when it perform its action (i.e. you have a recharge cycle) I was playing against a Orc player and he had the card that removes all support buildings and it crucified me

3) No. Though, Smash 'em All does require he sacrifices a unit. It's best to get rid of questing units as quickly as possible.

I misremembered the rules... should be:

3) No. However, when a questing unit is destroyed, all tokens on the quest are removed. So Smash 'em All doesn't have an explicit recharge cycle, but each new unit on the quest will need to amass three resource tokens again.

Thanks very much very helpful answers