Scenario Editor

By Gen_Jack, in Battlelore

I saw that DOW has unfortunately finally gotten around to removing the BAttelore Scenario editor, and all of the user scenarioes with it llorando.gif

Does anyone know if FFG will be putting the Battlelore Scenario Editor up here? Hopefully they got the rights to it when they took over the game, or have a new one in the works.

While I do hope that FFG gets around to supporting BL via an adventure editior and, hopefully, an online playable version a la Vassal with a community building site, the DoW content is still available. The whole DoW site was down some in the last couple few days (or was it this past weekend I checked on it last?), but is currently up, along with the adventure editor and the user created adventures.

Todd

The DOW site was down earlier this week for the new revamped system.

Cab

Actualy, Dow's Scenario Editor is online but it disapear at an unknow date.

Since February, I develop a another "Scenario Editor" with the benediction of Edge enterteinment, the traductor and distributor of the French version of Battlelore.

For more info to my "Scenario Editor", go here .

omega2 said:

Actualy, Dow's Scenario Editor is online but it disapear at an unknow date.

Since February, I develop a another "Scenario Editor" with the benediction of Edge enterteinment, the traductor and distributor of the French version of Battlelore.

For more info to my "Scenario Editor", go here .

I heard this from a view sites. Seems, that a lot of people would like to create another scenario editor.
Sorry, I'm not able to follow the discussion in french. Prefer english or german.

I always wonder what FFG would say to this? If there is a chance to get something like this here?

We, the WoB-Team, are very interessted in a full workable editor.

Gen_Jack said:

I saw that DOW has unfortunately finally gotten around to removing the BAttelore Scenario editor, and all of the user scenarioes with it llorando.gif

Does anyone know if FFG will be putting the Battlelore Scenario Editor up here? Hopefully they got the rights to it when they took over the game, or have a new one in the works.

It's still there .

I would like to see a downloadable version of the editor, trouble with online things like the editor when the game has been scraped and is no longer in production the support for them general go as well and leaves us hard core players without the resources we once had. I still play games from 20 years ago and getting hold of material for them is very hard.

Tsugo said:

Gen_Jack said:

It's still there .

I've just checked the site with the hope of printing off some new scenario maps and the DOW Battlelore page just offers a link over to FFG. Looks like all of their stuff has been removed. Hopefully it will be put back up on the BL page here.

Ah. This time it is for real.

toddrew said:

Ah. This time it is for real.

llorando.gif

Alright FFG, it time to step up to the plate.

Sad but true: the scenario-editor is finally off! preocupado.gif

From now, we have to create our scenarios on the vassal-module ... till any editor will rise again...

We - the WoB-Team - saved all german and english scenarios from the DoW-Editor. So now we will see, how to offer them to the community...
stay tuned...

Has anyone send an email to FFG to ask them when they will put it back online? I can't imagen they will just let all the user en fancontent go to waste, they can't do that.

So any news on this ? Damit... I wish that there would be something on the FFG side... I play also Tide of Iron and there has been talks about getting the ToI editor up to date.. but it takes 1 year to have any statement about that.

But have to add here that i liked the web-mapeditor better than the current Memoir editor ;(

Lets hope that richard B developes a new game (Napoleon-style) and that it will be published by some other company than FFG or DOW.

Hello,

I have send an mail to FFG last month. They reply me and they are discussing it in internal.

I send you when I will receive final decision.

omega2 said:

Hello,

I have send an mail to FFG last month. They reply me and they are discussing it in internal.

Let's hope it is positive news and that it happens soon!

omega2 said:

Hello,

Sadly that has been the same quote since day one (or close to it)...and as you can see nothing new on the news page or anything else - barring the posts from Richard. 6 months now and really nothing to say or even a post from an FFG representative - pretty sad.

Cab

Caboose said:

omega2 said:

Hello,

Sadly that has been the same quote since day one (or close to it)...and as you can see nothing new on the news page or anything else - barring the posts from Richard. 6 months now and really nothing to say or even a post from an FFG representative - pretty sad.

Cab

It is really sad. I mean, the Gears of War Board Game is even listed on the Upcoming list for the 4th Quarter. Nothing is there about Battle Lore. I don't know why FFG wants to keep its fan base in the dark.

selbuorT said:

Sad but true: the scenario-editor is finally off! preocupado.gif

From now, we have to create our scenarios on the vassal-module ... till any editor will rise again...

We - the WoB-Team - saved all german and english scenarios from the DoW-Editor. So now we will see, how to offer them to the community...
stay tuned...

SelbuorT,

Is there any news on those saved scenarios from DoW site? I hate to think that they all have just sunk into oblivion... sad.gif

Hello.

It's a good day, I have received official autorisation of FFG. I can made on line my editor scenario as I follow three rules.

Extract of the mail of FFG :

---------

1) You may not make any money from the editor. This means that you cannot have any web banner ads on the same page, or ask for donations (like PayPal buttons).
2) You must post the following on every page: BattleLore is © Fantasy Flight Games. All Rights Reserved.
3) You must remove it if we ask.

---------

I have a lot of work before made on line an version with save fonctionality but it is on a good way.

That is great news! I look forward to seeing when it is done.

Better than good !!

Let the dices roll good for you ! PDF output is not needed, but some "jpeg" would be needed still needed. Will there be a repository for the maps or just "engine" to create maps and rest is up to the user...

Anyway if you manage to build something it so good.. as we have now "print screen" option ;)

PS awesome !!! This is something that is really needed.

omega2 said:

Hello.

It's a good day, I have received official autorisation of FFG. I can made on line my editor scenario as I follow three rules.

---------

1) You may not make any money from the editor. This means that you cannot have any web banner ads on the same page, or ask for donations (like PayPal buttons).
2) You must post the following on every page: BattleLore is © Fantasy Flight Games. All Rights Reserved.

---------

I have a lot of work before made on line an version with save fonctionality but it is on a good way.

When you make this editor could you also include the blue archer cavalry flags that were erroneously included with the Goblin Marauders pack? I have a scenario that uses them and, since anyone who purchased the Goblin Marauders has these flags, it would be nice to have them available for use in a scenario. Thanks!

Hello,

Actualy I use image of Dow's Editor and this editor don't have it, in my memories. I will check pictures on my disk drive and I will create it if isn't exist.

Thanks for your request.

omega2 said:

Hello,

Actualy I use image of Dow's Editor and this editor don't have it, in my memories. I will check pictures on my disk drive and I will create it if isn't exist.

Thanks for your request.

Thank you very much!

omega2 said:

Hello.

---------

---------

That is great news Omega2! Looking forward to seeing your battle maker.