Bretonnians...

By meggypeggs, in Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game

Hi,

IF...the Bretonnian's had a neutral board, what special rule do you think it would have?

I'm assuming it would have some relation to the quest zone :)

Additionally what special ability do you think they could have (similar to Lizardmen having 'Savage')

Other Bret cards currently available target corrupted units, Questing units affecting play abilities to the opponent (drawing ability) and lowered cost units when a unit is questing.

The ability 'Counterstrike' seems perfect for Brets though I reckon we could think of another ability (possibly a new one) that may appeal to them more.

This is just a little fun to pass the time and pick your brains...Though the thought of creating a few fun cards within our group sounds appealing :)

Thanks,

there's a fans' project on whinvasion forum reffering to Bretonnians. I do believe that special ability for this faction is going to be sth like: "You can start the game with any quest already in play". You can also go and check out few created cards.

I do believe that special ability for this faction is going to be sth like: "You can start the game with any quest already in play". You can also go and check out few created cards.

Hey Rod,

That is wonderful but i wanted to pick the ideas of everyone on here.

Please don't take this the wrong way but I would like to look into some fresh ideas (along with others on here) rather than read the thread that has been discussed, created and here's what's what by the other forum. :)

Thank you for linking the page though.

Edited by meggypeggs

Me too, i was thinking about some other neutral races/factions like Bretonnians :)

For example, the special rule for the Brets capital could be "If You have at least 1 unit on a quest, all Your other quests are considered to have a unit questing on them"... this way you can continue to place resources and activate quest abilities even without a unit. However, there should be an additional drawback like "You cannot have more units on Your battlefield or Kingdom zones than in Your quest zone", so not to abuse the ability above. I don't see Bretonnians having any particular keyword/power like lizardmen and undead... even Skaven and Asrai didn't get one; perhaps some units could be immune to corruption, others to the nearly-forgotten fear keyword, and so on.

Instead, i thought of two "new" (almost ^_^ ) keywords for Ogre and Khemri, two races that would be considered non-aligned-neutral (at least according to the latest WHFB rulebook).

For the voracious Ogres i derived the "Devour" keyword from the Skulltaker's experience ability; when an Ogre with the Devour ability survives a combat, it can attach on itself (facedown, like experience) an opponent's unit or attachment support card (well, Ogres eat anything :P ) that was destroyed in the same combat. Obviously, Ogres gain various abilities (more power, more hit points, toughness, etc.) by keeping or discarding the devoured cards.

Khemri/Tomb Kings are similar to Undead/Vampire Counts, but i see them as more resilient and less depending on necromancy, so i decided for the "Regeneration X" keyword (i admit that Blood Bowl helped a lot :D ); once a Khemri unit is destroyed, it doesn't leave play but it's turned 90-degrees and face down (like insane cards in the Call of Cthulhu LCG). On the next turn's capital phase, the owner must turn the unit on a normal position and put a resource token on the unit; Khemri units lose abilities (power, hit points, actions, etc.) with tokens on them, and once the number of tokens exceeds the X indicated, the unit is finally destroyed and put in the discard pile). While the ability is quite powerful (you don't have to pay again for these units like necromancy), there are drawbacks too; units with the Regeneration ability cannot be sacrificed by any mean, copies of unique units cannot be played until the "original" regenerating unit is destroyed, and lesser regenerated units cannot do nothing more than be cannon-fodder.

Now, if only i could think of something good for Chaos Dwarfs too...

Edited by Silent Wolf
I like the devour ability. The idea of each unit destroyed by the Ogre (Devour ability) could lead to placing a card under it (from their discard pile) as experience.

Additionally you could then move forward constructive wise and have other Ogre's that could use Experience for other abilities (removing Experience for example).

The decks strength would be defeating units in combat!

I think when coming up with ideas it is ideal to keep things simple, fun and more importantly not overpowered.

:)

Please don't take this the wrong way

sure thing ;)