By Macabre, in The Star Wars Game Experience

is this going on again this year?

I'm trying to find a schedule of events for Store Championships. Is there one?

i havent seen anything posted by FFG yet so i am thinking they wont. :angry: I really had fun last year and made plans for it this year.....

In NSW, Good Games and Hall of heroes Campbelltown are both talking about tournaments. Good Games as both wholesaler and retailer, are really limiting the ability of this game to be widely distributed by seemingly not supporting games outside their stores, mainly located in the inner city or closely outlying areas, for reasons that will not be a surprise for many. It looks like you need to follow individual Good Games stores if you want to get involved, or become an established retailer. I even offered to become a retailer to support the game, or to run a tournament with a current retailer like Tin Soldier or Mega Games backing the game from a Retailer standpoint. The proposal would have encompassed Penrith, Liverpool and Campbelltown, all without local Good Games Stores. Good Games would have nothing to do with it. As the only supported wholesaler; Without their support, it won't happen, as FFG are limiting tournament packs to retailers supported by their wholesaler ie Good Games. People out my way in the Retail boom areas of Campbelltown, Penrith and Liverpool, as a result, are buying their FFG products "elsewhere", and saving money for doing so, even after postage. It's a dilemma I hope Good Games address in the future, or FFG correct by sponsoring a competitor. Personally, I hope Good Games see the limitation they are making on their own profits and start promoting the game more extensively. Time will tell... If and when Good Games come to this breakthrough, I'll support them, for the better of the community. Usually for a company like this, it only takes one person to look outside the square and see the potential for profit, wider distribution allows. Why are PC's more prominent than Mac's? How did VHS phase out BETA? Same principle. If GG doesn't realise it, one of the major stores like Kmart or BIGW will pick the product up. The only reason they have not already, is due to the rumoured US TARGET attempt to sell the game without marketing, which was reported to have failed horribly, and more evidently, FFG ability to provide a stable supply to meet demand. Availability is supporting the small wholesaler at the moment, when FFG have a more stable supply, it will be interesting to see whether GG will have penetrated more distant markets, or if it's too late for them and a big retailer like BIGW picks the product up. With the promised upcoming release of Star Wars movies annually from 2015, this game will become money in the bank if marketed correctly. What they are seeing now (or not seeing due to purchases from overseas wholesalers), is just a prequel to a very promising revenue stream if handled correctly. I'd pay an extra few dollars to purchase FFG products in Australia from an Australian company supporting the game out my way and I encourage you all to do the same. My email is [email protected] . If you are in one of the areas mentioned above and would like to connect for X-Wing, let me know. I'm interested in meeting contacts able to run and promote the games in these areas, as well as players and when all have at least 8 active members, I'll throw an Un-Official tournament to combine the three areas, locating sponsors to put up prizes and if necessary, organising transportation and venues. Next stop; Hall of Heroes Campbelltown, Doubles tournament Feb 2014. Hope to see you there!

Given May the 4th is actually on a sunday again, this might be worth pursuing. I'm sure the store can throw something together. X-wing and SW LCG along with some SW themed music. Sounds like fun. :P

I think the FFG center regional is this weekend (may the 4th weekend), any other events has anyone heard?

It's not much of an event, but I'm going to run through the Age of Rebellion Beginner Game at the FFGEC at 1:00 today.

-Nate

On 2/14/2014 at 11:32 AM, tmak said:

In NSW, Good Games and Hall of heroes Campbelltown are both talking about tournaments. Good Games as both wholesaler and retailer, are really limiting the ability of this game to be widely distributed by seemingly not supporting games outside their stores, mainly located in the inner city or closely outlying areas, for reasons that will not be a surprise for many. It looks like you need to follow individual Good Games stores if you want to get involved, or become an established retailer. I even offered to become a retailer to support the game, or to run a tournament with a current retailer like Tin Soldier or Mega Games backing the game from a Retailer standpoint. The proposal would have encompassed Penrith, Liverpool and Campbelltown, all without local Good Games Stores. Good Games would have nothing to do with it. As the only supported wholesaler; Without their support, it won't happen, as FFG are limiting tournament packs to retailers supported by their wholesaler ie Good Games. People out my way in the Retail boom areas of Campbelltown, Penrith and Liverpool, Dafont Showbox FileHippo as a result, are buying their FFG products "elsewhere", and saving money for doing so, even after postage. It's a dilemma I hope Good Games address in the future, or FFG correct by sponsoring a competitor. Personally, I hope Good Games see the limitation they are making on their own profits and start promoting the game more extensively. Time will tell... If and when Good Games come to this breakthrough, I'll support them, for the better of the community. Usually for a company like this, it only takes one person to look outside the square and see the potential for profit, wider distribution allows. Why are PC's more prominent than Mac's? How did VHS phase out BETA? Same principle. If GG doesn't realise it, one of the major stores like Kmart or BIGW will pick the product up. The only reason they have not already, is due to the rumoured US TARGET attempt to sell the game without marketing, which was reported to have failed horribly, and more evidently, FFG ability to provide a stable supply to meet demand. Availability is supporting the small wholesaler at the moment, when FFG have a more stable supply, it will be interesting to see whether GG will have penetrated more distant markets, or if it's too late for them and a big retailer like BIGW picks the product up. With the promised upcoming release of Star Wars movies annually from 2015, this game will become money in the bank if marketed correctly. What they are seeing now (or not seeing due to purchases from overseas wholesalers), is just a prequel to a very promising revenue stream if handled correctly. I'd pay an extra few dollars to purchase FFG products in Australia from an Australian company supporting the game out my way and I encourage you all to do the same. My email is [email protected] . If you are in one of the areas mentioned above and would like to connect for X-Wing, let me know. I'm interested in meeting contacts able to run and promote the games in these areas, as well as players and when all have at least 8 active members, I'll throw an Un-Official tournament to combine the three areas, locating sponsors to put up prizes and if necessary, organising transportation and venues. Next stop; Hall of Heroes Campbelltown, Doubles tournament Feb 2014. Hope to see you there!

I'm trying to find a schedule of events for Store Championships. Is there one?

Edited by HAILITY