Swift attack in a scrum

By cns917, in Warhammer: Diskwars

Lets say that the elves disk Swordmasters of Hoeth, is the middle disk in a scrum. Does he do his swift attack to the disk underneath him before he is attack by the disk pinning him, or does the attack on top go first?

So it would be Orc disk A - SoH - Orc disk B

Orc Disk A has the the attack value to kill the SoH. SoH has the counter attack value to kill Orc Disk A, as well as the attack value to kill Orc disk B. Who is left standing?

I don't have the disks in front of me, so I can't remember the values and if SoH is swift on attack/defense or both, but scrums are resolved from the top down. So you would deal with the Orc disc A v. SoH, if SoH has the attack value and attributes to kill the Orcs, and enough toughness to survive, then they would face Orc disc B using their defense value and attributes.

Edited by MechaBri.Zilla

Ok, I just got to look at the discs. Found them on BGG.

SoH is swift on attack and not defense, so if I'm reading this right, it resolves as follows, assuming you meant Orc Boyz

Orc Boyz attack at 5 defend at 3 and have toughness of 4

SoH attack at 5 defend at 4 and have toughness of 5 and are swift on offense.

The first engagement is the SoH v. Orcs A who have them pinned. SoH are not swift on defense, so damage is dealt simultaneously. The Orcs deliver 5 damage on the attack which matches the SoH toughness of 5 and the SoH deliver 4 damage on defense which matches the Boyz toughness of 4. Both units are destroyed and leaving the second unit of Boyz unpinned.

Yep, sadly the all too awesome Swordsmasters would give their lives bravely fighting against the savage Orcs.

Yep, sadly the all too awesome Swordsmasters would give their lives bravely fighting against the savage Orcs.

Dat's pansy thinkin. Da pinned boyz just got a good laugh from da pinnin' boyz gettin demselfs duffed by da big pansy-choppas. Alwas more boyz around.

Waagh.

That is all.

Dat's pansy thinkin. Da pinned boyz just got a good laugh from da pinnin' boyz gettin demselfs duffed by da big pansy-choppas. Alwas more boyz around.

Waagh.

That is all.

+1 to internetting for you!