"engages"

By brassbgeek, in Warhammer: Diskwars

In regards to Archaons ability. I know that whenever he pins another disc, he deals the area damage. and I know that when another disc pins him, he deals the arcane damage, and I am fairly certain that both at the same time are true (he pins, and someone else pins him, they both cause the trigger separately).

The question is if Archaon becomes pinned by a unit, and the area effect goes off, does it go off again when a second, and potentially third disc then decides also flip on top of Archaon?

Each time a disk pins Archaon, Archaon engages that disk therefore he deals the area damage each time this happens. No reason for this not to happen if he is already pinned. It will happen every time.

That is what I thought, I just figured I'd get some confirmation :3

Each time a disk pins Archaon, Archaon engages that disk therefore he deals the area damage each time this happens. No reason for this not to happen if he is already pinned. It will happen every time.

To back this up, the definition of "Engages" on page 19 of the rulebook states "A disk engages an enemy disk when one of those disks pins the other. Both disks are considered to have engaged each other.

Makes him a meanie :P