Faith Talents and Aptitude

By Elior, in Game Mechanics

I was in the process of converting Faith to an aptitude along with Faith Powers into a compatible set of talents for Beta 2.0. I was curious what the forum would recommend for the secondary aptitude for each of the Faith Talents below or is there only one aptitude like the Untouchable talents?

Pure Faith Apt 1: Willpower Apt 2: General

The Emperor's Sign

1. Blessed Ignorance
  2. Burden of Guilt
  3. Daemon Trap
  4. Divine Symbol
  5. Holy Light
  6. Holy Radiance
  7. Light of the Emperor
  8. Repel Daemon
  9. Seal of Purity
  10. Soul Decay
  11. Spirit of the Martyr
  12. Spiritual Mirror

Emperor's Mercy

1. Grace
  2. Divine Endurance
  3. Divine Ministration
  4. Martyr's Gift
  5. Mental Calm
  6. Miraculous Recovery
  7. No Rest for the Faithful
  8. Respite
  9. Resurrection
  10. Revelation
  11. Spiritual Cleansing

Emperor's Wrath

1. Divine Guidance
  2. Divine Touch
  3. Flames of Faith
  4. Hand of the Emperor
  5. Might of the Emperor
  6. Religious Hysteria
  7. Righteous Frenzy
  8. Soul Storm
  9. The Passion
  10. The Unforgiving Blade
  11. Wrath of the Righteous
Edited by Elior

I think each branch should have a different Apt 2. Wrath should have something to match with warriors as I see that as a thing most battle nuns will go for. I am thinking offense for apt 2. Mercy should get the same apt 2 as the medicae skill since those powers are mostly involved with healing. Sign is defensive so defense for apt 2 maybe?

I think each branch should have a different Apt 2. Wrath should have something to match with warriors as I see that as a thing most battle nuns will go for. I am thinking offense for apt 2. Mercy should get the same apt 2 as the medicae skill since those powers are mostly involved with healing. Sign is defensive so defense for apt 2 maybe?

Sounds like a simple and reasonable approach.

But that makes fate talents ridiculously cheap for some people, and worthless for others, each one should have its own aptitudes

That is fine with me. Not everyone is suppose to have faith talents. Not to mention the nuns follow strict guide lines and raised in orphanages run by the clergy. They spent all their lives going through training, praying, and serving the church. They should get those abilities for cheap because it is in their nature. Some hive scum who knows some rites should spend a lot more xp. So to me it is fine.

I'd advise using the talents in Inquisitor's Handbook rather than Blood of Martyrs. Much less ridiculous, much closer to canon.