Steam Achievements

By kroen, in Elder Sign: Omens

Do you think they will be added? I know there are more important additions like online play and more expansions but frankly I lost hope on those fronts. Adding achievements though shouldn't be too much of a work.

I'd also like controller support.

They may, but frankly, they are just a waste of time to add. Many of the usual achievements are just boring grind (kill, find, use X of Y) or "rewards" for just playing the game (reach or finish X, and so on) and therefore there is hardly any sense of achievement in completing them. I have tried many different approaches, strategies and investigator combinations without having an achievement rewarding me for it, so even those encouraging such stuff are unnecessary if you are willing to do so in the first place.

all you say is true klaymen...... but theyre fun!

also, if they added the steam trading cards, those make pretty nice desktop backgrounds...

"some personal cynical opinion basically naysaying the OP's original post...." (paraphrased o'course)

I&I WELCOME additions such as suggested by Dragonlord and burchamj

* Achievements, Trading cards & Full controller support ( Big Picture et al) increases revenue for FFG by enticing more users to purchase Elder Sign: Omens (those on Steam of course). It broadens the user base and helps for future dlc & other titles forthcoming from FFG BEIING PURCHASED fer moar coin in turn...).

C'mon FFG look at what so many devs on steam are doing, it's amazing!!!

Edited by sorted

People like collecting things, and gamification through achievements keeps players engaged to try to get the most out of a title. Adding STEAM Trading Cards to the mix could translate to a boost in sales - not exponential, but additive. STCs would be pretty easy to do, with all of the artwork that goes into ES:O.

Some reading on the subject:

http://www.gamesradar.com/toll-steam-trading-cards-take-indies/

http://truepcgaming.com/2013/06/26/a-closer-look-at-steam-trading-cards/