Questions for newbie

By la1cajun, in Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game

1) can building and fortresses that have no designated places to put them be put anywhere in any zone?

2) on the building or fortress that says to cancel 1 point against your capital each turn, does that mean to cancel incoming damage or does it mean to cancel 1 damage already done to an area.

3) on the previous card does it mean to cancel a point in any zone or just the zone the card is in? The card says just cancel a point on your capital each turn. i didnt know if I could just place the card anywhere and it worked for any place in my capital or just the one it was in.

4) do you have to pay a cost to put one development in an area a turn? didnt know if I had to pay for the card I was turning over.

5) in the rule book it says for first game to put aside all 24 neutral cards, mix them up, and deal 10 to each player. I only have 21 and Ive been through all cards though I still have the 220 im supposed to have total. Am i missing something?

Thanks, I will have more questions later but for now well see yall later!

The Cajun

1) yes

2) cancel means "incoming", heal is something different, some cards can heal the capital

3) any zone

4) playind card as a development is free

5) I think not

Thanks Virgo. appreciate it. Hey I just heard that they are discontinuing the invasion line, WTH is up with that? Im just getting in to the game..lol...So what packs do I need to get to have all available constructed decks available right now, like high elves and dark elves and whatever other factions may have come out I dont know about?

Edited by la1cajun

Yes, the game is complete, Core Set, 5 deluxe expansions and 6 cycles of battlepacks.

Thanks Virgo. appreciate it. Hey I just heard that they are discontinuing the invasion line, WTH is up with that? Im just getting in to the game..lol...So what packs do I need to get to have all available constructed decks available right now, like high elves and dark elves and whatever other factions may have come out I dont know about?

Yes, they have ceased development of Warhammer: Invasion. The reason? Most likely that it was unprofitable in one way or another; ways which have been discussed more thoroughly elsewhere on these forums - amongst others.

But hey, great that you're getting into the game! In a way it's probably easier (and cheaper in the long run) to do so now that they've ceased production, as the cardpool and rules set is more or less solid now (barring fanmade cards and rulings).

As Virgo pointed out, there are 5 deluxe expansions (Assault on Ulthuan, March of the Damned, Legends, Cataclysm and Hidden Kingdoms) and 6 cycles of battlepacks that have been released past the Core Set. The expansions greatly increase the cardpool of the available factions aswell as introduce new ones (Assault), add neutral factions (March, Kingdoms) or new game mechanics (Legends, Cataclysm). The battlepack cycles on the other hand work off themes , such as corruption and the Skaven (Corruption), rivalries between factions (Enemy), developments and the Wood Elves (Morrslieb), faction specific packs (Capital), questing and artifacts (Bloodquest), and finally battlefield focus and cheap legends (Eternal War).

Warhammer: Invasion does not, however, have such a thing as preconstructed decks, at least not officially (I know you only mentioned 'constructed' in this thread, but saw you use it in another one so I thought I'd specify it here while I'm at it). So unless you are willing to invest in all of it (and a couple of additional copies of the Core Set and Corruption Cycle) to get a full set of cards so you can make every possible deck available, I'd recommend checking out deckbox.org for some popular builds, look at older ones and work with what you've got, read up on the F.A.Q. and find what playstyle and faction suits you best by playing it with some friends!

Hope I've helped in some way!

Cheers,

H

I agree with Herzogar - check out deckbox.org

In fact - I've already responded to 2 of your other posts and referenced a deckbox link in both those. Get on there and peruse some other users decks. You're welcome to look at any of mine. Username sam as here, sammann11.

It does stink that they won't develop new stuff but this is a great game. Glad to hear you're getting into it!

Thanks guys. I guess what I meant, are any expansions that bring in a deck of other factions like in the core set and Ulthuan. Like if I wanted to make a wood elves deck, is there a certain expansion or pack that has them in there or are they spread out over several packs? Thanks guys. I do have 2 other questions on gameplay.

1) if a person attacks my battlefield with his units but focuses all his damage to just one of my units to kill it, am I able to defend with all my units in my battlefield or just the one being dealt damage to?

2) on one of the neutral quest cards it says every turn put a token on card, then remove a token to do damage, if I remember right. I'd have to look at it, but question is, it doesn't say anything about a unit being on it like others. Do I not need to send a unit on a quest on this particular quest card?

Thanks again guys!

Edited by la1cajun

Thanks guys. I guess what I meant, are any expansions that bring in a deck of other factions like in the core set and Ulthuan. Like if I wanted to make a wood elves deck, is there a certain expansion or pack that has them in there or are they spread out over several packs? Thanks guys. I do have 2 other questions on gameplay.

1) if a person attacks my battlefield with his units but focuses all his damage to just one of my units to kill it, am I able to defend with all my units in my battlefield or just the one being dealt damage to?

2) on one of the neutral quest cards it says every turn put a token on card, then remove a token to do damage, if I remember right. I'd have to look at it, but question is, it doesn't say anything about a unit being on it like others. Do I not need to send a unit on a quest on this particular quest card?

Thanks again guys!

Apart from the 6 main factions, there are 4 neutral factions - the Skaven, the Undead, the Lizardmen and the Wood Elves (2 destruction, 2 order). The Corruption Cycle and the Morrslieb cycle both introduce new neutral factions, the Skaven and the Wood Elves , respectively. This means that there are a number of neutral cards of that faction in each pack of that cycle. The deluxe expansion March of the Damned introduce the Undead and the Lizardmen , giving them about a cycles worth of cards in one box to each neutral faction and therefore putting them on par with the Skaven at that time. Since then each neutral faction have gotten a couple of cards here and there. The final deluxe expansion Hidden Kingdoms practically make all four neutral factions fully fledged factions by boosting their cardpool greatly and giving them their own capital cards with unique abilities .

So for Wood Elves, look at cards in the Morrslieb cycle and later cycles and deluxe expansions, noticeably Legends and Hidden Kingdomsm of course.

Regarding your questions:

1)

When there is an attack, the defender has the option to defend and chooses the units to defend with . After that, the attacker assigns damage equal to the sum of power of all their attacking units etc. to the defending units, and must assign enough damage to kill all defenders (which is the sum of their hit points and toughness) before assiging any points to the defnders capital. Then the defender assigns damage equal to the sum of power of all their defenders to the attackers. After that, the damage is applied . There is of course a bit more finesse to this than that but you'll learn as you play, the F.A.Q. (link above) is really helpful here. And remember that this is an exception-based game - this is just the general rule, and specific trumps general !

2)

Most quests require a unit questing on it , and generally the only way to get a unit on a quest is to play it directly on it. therefore, you can't just move a unit onto a quest if it is already in play. Not sure which card you are referring to, but usually it has text on it along the lines of "...if a unit is questing here" , implying that there must be a unit on the quest for the action to be taken.

Cheers,

H

Edited by herzogar

Thanks herzogar. I guess on question 1 what I really needed to know was if my opponent is only doing damage to 1 of my units in battlefield can I still defend with both of my units since one received no damage and was not dealt damage. Like I can't do return damage to a unit that was not involved in the attack of my opponent I believe. I'm gonna look at the FAQ again and the rule book to make sure. Thanks again!

All your defending units deal damage to the attacking units.

cool, so even though one of my units wasn't assigned any damage in attack i can still defend with that unit because ultimately its really my capital being attacked and i can defend with all units in that area. Got it. Thats what i needed to know. I didn't really see anything with that in the FAQ. Thanks!