Homebrew- Unsanctioned Psyker

By player2202059, in Relic

Yet Another homebrew creation... I'm not a huge fan of this character but the other two guys we work with love him.

Unsanctioned+Psyker.jpg

Edited by Lord Aries

Oh I like the corruption for power card trick. Somehow him being a criminal, I feel he should have a steal ability.

Still, Lord Aries, you are spoiling us this new Year. I now have 3 characters to try out this coming weekend.

Would you recommend that all three homebrew characters can be played together, or should they be played with the rest of the basic characters to even out any problems with these new ones?

We are playing them both together and separately. Hopefully they are balanced enough to make the game fun, and not over shadow the regular characters.

And we have 9 characters worked up- and 4 ending cards. They just require photoshop time.

Edited by Lord Aries

My main idea behind the unsanctioned psyker, is that you are a non registered psychic that is out there in the imperium using your powers to stay one step ahead of the inquisitors. They aren't necessarily evil, but they don't like potential conduits for deamonic possessions to just wander free, they prefer them dead or in the service of the Emperor.

He has to walk that fine line, as his corruption also powers him up: but brings him one step closer to damnation. A player playing this character has to decide how far to take him.

Movement fixing abilities really do win games of Relic: and he is no exception as he has a clone of the Rogue Trader's movement ability- a nice counter to the sanctioned psykers penalty of never using movement from powers.

One thing to consider, is when he gains a corruption, he draws the full 4 power cards (unless something is giving you a modifier to power limit)

Right now in this incarnation: he ends up with a lot of stats in the end of the game, which so far is pretty balanced with the idea that his stats are 5/11/11 at the end of the game. not having a 12, hurts on certain scenarios, although there are plenty of ways to get to 12 outside of leveling.