Does Damage carry over?

By Vonpenguin, in Warhammer: Diskwars

Now I know that once a wound is dealt all damage is wiped, but does damage carry over from turn to turn if, say, three damage is dealt to a four toughness unit, and the unit is not touched for another two rounds, it still only takes one damage to finish off correct? I imagine the answer is yes since there is nothing about damage fading over time it in the rules but one of my group was asking about it since the damage was split up into toughness and wounds. Since misprints aren't uncommon in the gaming world I figured it's better to ask before we actually sit down and play, rather than have him waste an hour arguing about it.

Don't have the game yet but that sounds right.

No, damage does not carry over, those counters are removed (see page 10 in the rulebook). This is one of the hallmarks of the original Diskwars, only an actual wound carries over.

Ok Thank you. I must have skipped that line somehow. Just for clarity the relevent line is this, correct:

During the end phase, each player removes all tokens from his disks,
except wound tokens. Each player then returns all command cards in
his discard pile to his hand.
After completing the end phase, the round ends and a new round
begins, unless the game has ended (see “Winning the Game” on page
11).
And damage is one of the removed tokens. Thank you for that. Saved me a lot of hassle.

Exactly right! Now, if only my copy of the game would hurry up and arrive in the mail...

Yeah. Shipping tracking says mine will be here tomorrow, I'm excited. I actually like that rule about damage, it's a little counter intuitive but it gives a nice tactical element that you have to lay a lot of pain on the tough targets while you have the chance and hold your own back until they can't concentrate on it.