Faction packs?

By Grim6, in BattleLore

I'm loving the game, and wondering how long before FFG releases the inevitable faction packs. I have to imagine the factions will be similar to those from Rune Age. I especially would like the Waiqar the Undying faction.

Oh, and FFG, please more dice! 4 dice are not enough!

Edited by Grim6

My guess is about once a quarter. This game just seems ripe for expansions. I really hope they work the characters from Descent into this game. Even better if we could somehow mix and match the figures between games.

My guess is about once a quarter. This game just seems ripe for expansions. I really hope they work the characters from Descent into this game. Even better if we could somehow mix and match the figures between games.

Yeah! If they had a pack similar to the Descent Conversion Kit that had unit cards for the Descent creatures, that could be really cool!

... But I'm not sure how you justify cave spiders fighting for the Daqan Lords.

yes, but using Uthuk troops as "monster" for the overlord would be so much fun

I guess we will see an expansion with a new faction soon. I hope for the Undead, too.

1- BL2 and Descent minis are not the same scale.

2- I'd be willing to bet that the first expansion just expands on the Uthuk and Daqan, and doesn't include any new factions yet.

2- I'd be willing to bet that the first expansion just expands on the Uthuk and Daqan, and doesn't include any new factions yet.

I disagree. There are already a lot of options for the two existing factions and the best way to get more mileage out of these factions, in my opinion, seems to be purchasing a second core set. I think expanding to the Latari Elves and Waiqar the Undying is going to be the next expansion for sure. Every other product featuring the Uthuk Y'llan and the Daqan Lords (Runewars, Rune Age) also included the Latari Elves and Waiqar the Undying, making this the first one that is "incomplete." That's why I think adding the other two factions is a no-brainer for first expansions.

I would also hope the Elves & Undead are the next up, Expanding the Core Game existing

Units (which as mentioned have plenty of variety already) would no do it for me.

I remember how impatient we all got on the DoW BL forum with each expansion was just

more of the same Core Game Factions.

It's time to give BL our Elves & Undead :wub:

I need my A2 objectives for the existing factions! I need them!

I hope to get up to at least 10 total objectives for each of the existing factions. I'd prefer to have a way to get more of the core units without buying a second core set. Blister packs with units would be all right. I'd be happy to wait for new objectives and new units for the current factions if the elves and undead show up...and I can get additional core units without buying a second set. Maybe I want to run nine cavalry. :D

Also, I do hope to see some neutral units somewhere down the line.... just give us undead and elves first.

So we're almost at the end of Q1 2014 and not seeing any expansions announced/planned yet.

I too am surprised by no mention of any expansion outside of the dice pack. This game is ripe for expansions and so far we haven't heard a peep, while games like Descent seem to put out an expansion daily. Is it due to a lack of sales or something?

Hey, core game has enough material to play 98 combo of Scenarios :) Plus we have a Scenario editor on this very site :) I guess if they hadn't been intentioned in expanding the line, no Scenario Editor would have been developed. Sooner or later, we'll see expansions coming :)

Hey, core game has enough material to play 98 combo of Scenarios :) Plus we have a Scenario editor on this very site :) I guess if they hadn't been intentioned in expanding the line, no Scenario Editor would have been developed. Sooner or later, we'll see expansions coming :)

I don't think so even Descent has an editor and they have sooooo many expansions and counting.

I was thinking along the same lines. Although, in fairness, Battlelore hasn't been out as long as Descent. However, the amount of expansions for other games that have been pumped out since Battlelore has been released is a bit shocking/worrisome. I was really hoping to see something released by Q2 other than a dice pack.

I don't think so even Descent has an editor and they have sooooo many expansions and counting.

I wasn't comparing the two games at all. I just said that if the company's intention wasn't to expand the game, they wouldn't invest money in creating a Scenario editor just for the fun of it. So, instead of saying "Descent has got the editor, and expansions too", the real question should be: is there any game having such a tool and no expansions? I don't think so. So, I'm patiently waiting for something good to come.

Clearly, this is a personal consideration, but I'd rather have a *good* expansion requiring some more time to be designed rather than an instant expansion with flaws or problems, that's all.

I agree entirely that an expansion should be well thought out. It just appears odd that we haven't even heard of a whisper for an expansion for this great game, even though it lends itself perfectly to expansions. I understand that miniatures can take a while to produce, so that could be part of it. I do know that over on BGG people are sharing the same sentiments and appear a bit worried that this game is being left behind. I certainly hope that is not the case.

I was thinking same thing for Relic awhile ago but yet out of nowhere expansion! This game is probably going to be no different knowing how FFG likes to expand things.