What does Boon and others as keywords mean ?

By DSV1, in 2. AGoT Rules Discussion

Just bought the core set and after reading through the cards I came across a couple of words that I couldnt find explanations for in the rules

Boon- this is on an attachment card

Others - this is on a plot card and wondered does it mean other players ( Fleeing to the Wall ) is the card ?

If someone could link me to where there is an explanation that would be great

Thanks Pete

Ok I presume Boon is just a type of attachment ?

But I am unsure as to what OTHERS means on the plot card Fleeing to the wall, I understand the text but not what OTHERS in bold is supposed to mean or do ?

Anyone willing to help ?

Pete

Hi Pete,

these words are Traits . There are some cards that interact with certain traits. For example, Fiery Followers can only use Boon attachments.

Ok thanks for that , OTHERS is a trait then , but can you give me an example of it from another card so i can get my head round it so to speak please

Thanks Pete

The Wall is a good example.

ah I see so The others means it effects all players then ?

thanks

others is a trait, just like eddard has the trait Lord. By itself it doesn't do anything. Other cards may target traits (like shaggydog, he looks for a Lord trait to gain benifits on shaggydog). The others trait by itself on fleeing to the wall does nothing. there used to be cards (and might once again) be other plots and cards that do stuff with an others plot revealed or in your used plot pile (the way King renly works with power struggle [a trait] plots)

right I understand now

I was looking for a rule that wasnt there in the first place, no wonder i couldnt find it :)

Thank you