My feedback on REMAINING CHAPTERS (week 5 topic)

By GauntZero, in Dark Heresy Second Edition Beta

The last week of feedback has come...for me this time its not so much to say:

1.) I am missing some "protection" talents against damnation / fear / shock, like Insanely faithful, Nerves of Steel, Armour of Contempt, Into the Jaws of hell...

Would be nice to see some of them back (especially those with a potential Leadership Aptitude to strenghten this aptitude)

2.) I kind of liked the Beta1 ways of dealing with damnation, fear & insanity; especially I liked the different versions of fear

3.) Some more options for reinforcements would be nice; especially some more "lower" ranked ones (Arbites Squad ?)

4.) More a general one: please change the DoS/DoF calculation to the old style (like it was until OW)

I'm going to second 1, 3 and 4.

I too really miss those talents and I don't see why they would be left out.

I hate the "well, our characters aren't good enough, let's call in the real heroes" attitude of the reinforcements system. I'm sorry, but if your playing in game, your characters are the real heroes... maybe the not biggest, baddest guys on the block but still the heroes of the story.

I really don't get the change to DoS/DoF. If it's ain't broke, don't fix it.

Talents that offer protection from insanity and corruption are always welcome!

Thirding 1, 3, and 4

I like the premise of the reinforcement system but it needs some correction and clarification.