Marshalling

By maguid9, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

Firstly, Merry Xmas all.

I'm playing my xmas present with my family and was wondering on this:

Can cards with a Marshalling effect use those effects the same turn they are Marshalled, or do I have to wait until the next Marshalling phase?

Ex: if I play Hall of Heroes during my Marshalling phase, can I then immediately kneel it to reduce the cost of Marshalling Ser Illyn Payne by 2? And having done so, can I then immediately kneel Ser Payne to kill an opposing character with STR 2 or less?

Thanks,

Mo

You can immediately use it.

You can use it as your next Marshalling Action - keep in mind that other players can take actions, too.

Next question my friends,

1) At round two, can I put my active plot card back into the plot deck and pick another plot card?

2) Does the active plot card go to the graveyard if I select another plot card?

3) Do I have to select a new plot card at the beginning of round 2 or can I keep the same one?

Merry xmas.

And many thanks for your answers, morbiczer and Kuaai1964 :)

Each player simultaneously chooses and reveals

one plot card from his plot deck. Plot cards are

kept in three states: in the plot deck, revealed,

and used. When you reveal a plot card during

the plot phase, it moves from your plot deck to

a revealed state. When you reveal a new plot

card, place it on top of your previously revealed

plot card. (All plot cards under your currently

revealed plot card are considered your “used” plots.)

1. No.

2. No.

3. You must select a new plot.

Thank you for your answer Kauai1964 :)

Hi again, still playing. :)

Next question, In the event of running out of plot cards before we accumulate the required amount of power to win what happens?

If this was the last card in your plot deck,

return all your previously played plots (except

the one just revealed) to your plot deck after your

revealed plot has taken effect.

This is all in the Rulebook :)

Edited by kauai1964

Thank you again :) You're awesome.

Ok, I have a tougher one now. With the card the Lion's will, which says: "Any Phase: Pay 2 gold to choose a character. Kneel that character."

Can I kneel a character that's been declared as an attacker so that he doesn't get to attack?

Thanks in advance.... ;)

First declare the type of challenge being initiated

(military, intrigue, or power), and which player

you are challenging. Then declare attackers by

kneeling any number of your characters that have

the corresponding challenge icon (or are enabled

to participate by some card effect). Already kneeling

characters may not be declared as attackers.

Attackers are declared BY KNEELING, so kneeling an already knelt attacker won't remove him from the challenge. If you kneel a character BEFORE he is declared as an attacker or defender, then he (usually) won't be able to be declared.

Said another way, there is no time between your opponent identifying the character they want to attack with and kneeling that character for you to play a card and prevent the choice they have just announced. And once they are declared and participating in a challenge, only an effect that specifically says to remove the character from the challenge (or from play) will stop it from being in the challenge. (So, for example, kneeling a character or taking away the challenge icon from a character that is already attacking will not stop it from continuing the attack.)

All you can do is anticipate which character an opponent would want to attack with and kneel it before they have a chance to attack with it.