PC Psionic Assignment level

By lord inquisitor Iannise, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

one of my Imperial Psykers wants to know what his Assignment level is what should i tell him?

That he's sanctioned.

Psyker ranking/ratings are "fluff" and do not scale with rule mechanics.

Delve ye no further here.

That he's sanctioned.

Psyker ranking/ratings are "fluff" and do not scale with rule mechanics.

Delve ye no further here.

i'm not necessary saying psy rating x should = Assignment level y. i'm just asking what's a typical Assignment level for a sanctioned player?

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/The_Assignment

I would say a non-Astropath Sanctioned Psyker would usually be Zeta, or even Epsilon.

But honestly, anything between Iota and Delta might be appropriate.

Tell him his potential is Beta Plus. Let him ponder that...

Let me think here, alpha can snap a titan with a flick of his wrist, alpha plus is alpha 10x and beta plus 10x that....

well i'm just going to say he's the emperor reincarnated, yep just easier that way.

Let me think here, alpha can snap a titan with a flick of his wrist, alpha plus is alpha 10x and beta plus 10x that....

well i'm just going to say he's the emperor reincarnated, yep just easier that way.

I think you misunderstood that.

Levels go from Strongest to Weakest, Alpha Plus to Omega Minus.

greek_alphabet.gif

Alpha plus psyker is Emperor reincarned, but also like a beacon to most Warp entities that here's tasty snack for you to eat.

Omega Minus is Culexus Assasin.

So if you say your players assingment would be Beta, he would be potent Psyker but not God-like.

Tell him his potential is Beta Plus . Let him ponder that...

I think you misunderstood that.

Levels go from Strongest to Weakest, Alpha Plus to Omega Minus.

greek_alphabet.gif

Alpha plus psyker is Emperor reincarned, but also like a beacon to most Warp entities that here's tasty snack for you to eat.

Omega Minus is Culexus Assasin.

So if you say your players assingment would be Beta, he would be potent Psyker but not God-like.

Beta PLUS the scale goes back down with plus after alpha, beta plus is 10x alpha plus

Congratulations of finding a(nother) piece of inconsistancy.

Alpha has been used for indicating a strong psyker and a weak psyker variously, even in DH material.

Surprised?

If so, why?

one of my Imperial Psykers wants to know what his Assignment level is what should i tell him?

Tell him to get druk and play about with a greek ouji board. It's about the most accurate assesment he'll get.

Congratulations of finding a(nother) piece of inconsistancy.

Alpha has been used for indicating a strong psyker and a weak psyker variously, even in DH material.

Surprised?

If so, why?

when has Alpha been used to indicate a weak psyker?

I wasn't saying he was that, only that his potential was that. Not that he'd ever get there as a playable character. A psyker like that would go INSANE well before they got close to their full potential.

I wasn't saying he was that, only that his potential was that. Not that he'd ever get there as a playable character. A psyker like that would go INSANE well before they got close to their full potential.

i dont know, he rolled a 2 on his Divination. :D

Actually there is no such thing as beta plus, nor does the scale proceed back upon itself.

Alpha plus is simply the syntax for "greater warp presence than measurable on the scale" and omega minus is "less warp presence than measurable on this scale."

Eta is a fairly good level to tell your player it's enough power to be a threat to imperial security but only a low grade which will keep the high enders scarier, when he gains a higher rating.

If you want to relate psyrating to level on the assignment it's tricky but I'd say rating 1-2 you're probably just mastering the level you were at psychic awakening (Eta) whereas higher 3-5 is pushing up toward the upper limit of your ability at Zeta and 6 is topping out as a lower epsilon.

Actually there is no such thing as beta plus, nor does the scale proceed back upon itself.

Alpha plus is simply the syntax for "greater warp presence than measurable on the scale" and omega minus is "less warp presence than measurable on this scale."

Eta is a fairly good level to tell your player it's enough power to be a threat to imperial security but only a low grade which will keep the high enders scarier, when he gains a higher rating.

If you want to relate psyrating to level on the assignment it's tricky but I'd say rating 1-2 you're probably just mastering the level you were at psychic awakening (Eta) whereas higher 3-5 is pushing up toward the upper limit of your ability at Zeta and 6 is topping out as a lower epsilon.

my bad at one point the lexicanum said it when back down with plus i thought it was stupid though. :huh:

The Burning Lady (or whatever her name is)has a Psy Rating of 15 and is considered an Alpha level psyker. I think most pc Psykers are between Delta (9-10) and Theta (1-2).

But that is a rough estimate, don't forget there are psykers with no psy rating at all

So this is what i'm thinking

Iota: all feed to throne unless they show extraordinary control over their Psychic powers

Theta: some feed to throne some made Astropaths

Eta: most made into Astropaths

Zeta // Epsilon: were most nonastropath Sanctioned Psyker dwell including PC Psyker

Delta // Gamma: endgame PCs was well as boss level enemies.

sound about right guys?

Just to break it down for you guys inquisitor Ravenor (of the novels) was a delta grade psyker and he could astrally project, see the future (a bit,) psychically cloak his ship and "ware" people. (though he did have a lot of psy-boosting tech and never specified when he was using it.)

the ratings are very broad categories a high-end delta telepath could read your mind from across a city, that said he`d have to have extraordinary willpower not to read everyone in the cities minds at the same time and drive himself nuts.