How's the Fluff?

By Steve-O, in BattleLore

So, for someone who owns this game now, I'm curious how much fluff text there is in this game.

Beyond the intro in the rulebook, is the flavour text on any cards or other game components?

Is there any sort of scenario guide, analagous to the Descent Quest Guide, which FFG is likely not to want posted online?

There's some flavor text on some of the units and other cards, but most of the fluff comes from art on the lore and command cards.

There is no scenario guide. Each side has seven scenario halves which are drawn at the beginning of the game before setup. Draw three, choose one, set up the board, marshal an army. It's pretty variable.

Well, there 1 page of story/lore on page one of the rulebook but like qwerty said, most of the fulff is on cards (italic text and art). Unfortunately that's about it.

Game is good though and unlike Descent where the setting and lore is part of the quest, in BL2 it's mainly about smashing faces so I guess FFG said: "Fluff can wait" :P

So there is fluff text on some of the cards?

Art is art. All well and good, but I'm more interested in the text.

I haven't seen any fluff on cards that people have scanned, but if there is some, I'd be much obliged if someone could transcribe it for me. =) I don't think my wallet can support this game or I'd buy it myself. I'm having enough trouble keeping up with Descent as it is.

To be clear, I'm not asking anyone to duplicate rules text, scenarios, or any other actual mechanical part of the game. Just the flavour text, so I can incorporate it into my Runiverse Fluff document.

I also don't need the fluff from the rulebook because I can download that from the website.

I'm not home right now but i'll be tomorrow.

When I have some time I can PM you what I found on my cards, probably around january 1st or 2nd.

It's ok I'm still trying to loose a few pounds. Thanks for asking.

Frankly the Cards(Lore/Command) are very straight forward just giving what effect they have without

Fluff. The Scenario set up Cards just give you some special effects for each side ,like 'Units can ignore

Forest Terrain restrictions" but don't give any Fluff as to why.

We Like a lot of background Fluff as our favorite play style is running Campaigns & did not find enough

in FFG Game World (even with what's found in Runebound & Runewars ) so we just moved the

Game World to FFG old Midnight Setting ,which as a RPG has tons of background for Fluff.

The BL2 Units easily convert over so we're doing a sort of prequel to the Midnight Setting,where

the forces of the Shadow are invading the South after conquering the North.