any players in or around SW VA???

By Wurm-Z, in Universal Fighting System

Theres only 4 people that play around here and to be honest it would be nice to meet some more ufs players!!!!

i know there was a playgroup out in Middlesboro, Ky that took from SW Va, extreme eastern TN and South East Ky but dunno if they're still alive havent heard from them since August... depends on what area of SW Va you're in too i guess...

N.J.

haha yeah we are still alive...thats the playgroup i play in....we are down to 4 people so im trying to find more people to join up!! is so bad our local hobby shop quit selling them so now we dont even get pre-releases or anything cool like that anymore, but the prize support keeps coming in since we do play every Wednesday night and our scout runs the tourneys!

well that explains why the gopher hasnt been on the boards since july... wierd q didnt i play against you last year for y'alls aop? we might once a month if i re-juvenate my playgroup head up y'alls way and play in a tourny to get your group up, you guys going to the Ohio Valley Regionals at Louisville? If you faced me and cant figure out who i was, i was the one in the Gold and Black shirt playing Tiger Fury **Athena Asamiya**(that should have won the tourny, curse you Scott Gaines and IBUKI...)

N.J.

yeah he actually moved away from middlesboro to go work as a store manager at another G2K Games..........no i never got to play you and Athena i played the guy who was playing Yi-Shan, the guy playing Iori, and the guy playing Kula i think lol,......our tourneys are now ran out of our scouts house cause the store we played at in the mall moved to a smaller area and has no place for us to play in lol but we would more than welcome you guys to come play anytime you feel like it....so far i think im the only one from my playgroup that can go to the louisville regionals ive talked to scott briefly about it and might ride up with you guys if there is room for one more! HOPEFULLY SO!!!

**** dude that sucks, well keep in contact with me, if i get my neon back by then and have some room, if y'all can meet me up just north of my house around Albany, i might be able to fit 1 or 2 of ya in, if not i'm sure scotts crew can.

N.J.

We have a pretty regular group here in Blacksburg Va at Fun-N-Games. We generally meet on Sundays at 5:30, but we'll often have extra events on Saturdays. In fact we're going to be having a tourney with 2 BRTs amongst the prize on May 2nd.

Anyways, if Blacksburg isn't too far we'd love to have you at any of our events.

The store's phone number is (540) 552-2204 if you have any questions, or want to know what event we're going to be having next (Uber-Legacy Highlander this Sunday)

awesome....ive never been to blacksburg i think its only a few hours away but i will def try to get up there sometime!!!!!

Well there's a group of us up in woodbridge, don't know how far away you though.

There is a group that plays at the Yorktown Amazing Fantasy Comics on Wed nights at 4, and the Newport News Amazing Fantasy Comics Fri nights at 5.

Wurm-Z said:

awesome....ive never been to blacksburg i think its only a few hours away but i will def try to get up there sometime!!!!!

im also from the blacksburg crew theres usually about 8 of us or so until summer break comes and the college students leave

so where do you live VA

they dont... they're in Middlesboro, KY: on a map that would be the spot where KY, TN and VA all meet, so that will give ya a perspective. I'm probably gonna end up moving to Bristol myself and unfortunately most of those areas are 3+ hrs for me... so for him it's probably closer to 5hrs

N.J.

I myself actually do live in VA but the actuall group is in in KY which is 45 min away from my place....bristols only a hour and fifteen minutes from my place!! The gopher moved to Abingdon which is close to bristol!

so how far do you live away from blacksburg and do you think you would be able 2 make the trip anytime soon....or player base right now is down due to the students bein gone but we could have anywhere from 4-8 players

If im not mistaken its like 4hours give or take from Jonesville to Blacksburg..so unless you guys are haveing some big saturday or sunday tourneys its unlikely ill be able to make a normal tourney!

we have big tourneys every once in a while like that BRT tourney we had about a month ago where we have out one to the top 2 places we had a decent turnout as well

Ill keep you posted if we ever do anything like that again

alright man sounds good to me...if we know a little ahead of time ill be able to get my 4 man meta to make it up!!!!

awesome when schools in session that could possibly push us into the 12-15 people range

give me a yell if you guys do run up to blacksburg, you can totally crash at my house on the way back! plus you can pick me up for a reunion tour!

and of course we can stop at bull and bones and get schmammered!

1idgofr said:

give me a yell if you guys do run up to blacksburg, you can totally crash at my house on the way back! plus you can pick me up for a reunion tour!

and of course we can stop at bull and bones and get schmammered!

Do you live near blacksburg as well?