Monster Actions

By HashKey64, in WFRP Rules Questions

Another set of questions for the Community!

(I don't own any of the guides so the answers might be there...)

Can Monsters/NPCs always use the 8 Basic Actions?

Do Monsters/NPC use Skills like Intimidate, Discipline, Intuition, First Aid, Observe etc as a Manoeuvre?

Do Monsters/NPC use Manoeuvres like Assist and Prepare (...an Action) during combat?

Good questions:

Yes, everyone, including monsters, have access to all of the basic actions (including Perform Stunt for all skills). They also have access for the GM to give them Special Actions that the PCs might be using (such as reckless cleave) if the GM deems this necessary to replace other monster Special Actions.

Monsters are bound by the same rules for skill use as PCs. Skill use is done with Perform Stunt (ACTION), unless it is for something passive. (example: passive check of observation to notice someone in the shadows).

Yes. Monsters may use assist and prepare.

Rules state that you may use a skill as a Manoeuvre. So its possible for a Monster/NPC to first use his Intimidate on an opponent and then attack him/her with an Action?

I get a little confused about this as both Manoeuvres and the Perform a Stunt Action allow skill usage.

Yes, sometimes it is a maneuver. I believe this is clarified in the hardcovers. I'll see if I can find the reference.

jh

Very helpful! Thank you! :)

Rules state that you may use a skill as a Manoeuvre. So its possible for a Monster/NPC to first use his Intimidate on an opponent and then attack him/her with an Action?

Player's Guide page 66 indicates that making an Intimidate check against an opponent would take your action, and is NOT allowed via a manoeuvre. To be a valid manoeuvre, the skill use should " affect only the active character, or interact passively with the environment" .