Embassy Cards

By cparadis10, in Warhammer Invasion Rules Questions

This topic came up in Virgo's thread on the Polish community continuing to update the FAQ and errata cards. Some have suggested that these cards should not have the race symbols on them (note the cards already have no loyalty symbols, those are the symbols along the left hand side). The argument goes that these cards should not be providing racial symbols and thus decreasing the loyalty costs of cards unless they are sacrificed for their action. I think this incorrect.

The embassy cards as they currently stand are simply not the way you would design a card to accomplish that. Every card that belongs to a race has a race symbol. Racial symbols reduce the loyalty costs of other cards sharing that racial affiliation. If you do not want a card to reduce the loyalty cost it must not have a racial symbol and therefore must be nuetral.

The way you would design a card to accomplish what some are suggesting would be to print a zero cost neutral card with text like: When this card enters play name a race. Action: sacrifice this card to reduce the loyalty cost of the next card you play of the named race by 2. With one card you would be able to accomplish, what Hidden Kingdoms does with six cards. This is not what the embassy cards say.

Now of course, I could be wrong, but I'm interested to hear what other people think. These cards are very situational and until someone demonstrates they are consistently producing negative play experience, there is no reason to try to errata them.

+1

They clearly have racial symobl on them, as for now we won't be taking that from them.