About the core set...

By Sully4071, in CoC General Discussion

I noticed that FFG has the CoC core set listed at being reprinted in Q1 2014.

Has there been any announcement, similar to Secrets of Arkham, about the core set have errata'd cards and switched to a 3 of everything model?

I've been trying to get into the game and try to get a group started where I live, but having trouble building a player base without the actual game.

Edited by Sully4071

Unlikely core set will change quantities. No other lcg core set ever has. Errata is a maybe but no announcement.

Unlikely core set will change quantities. No other lcg core set ever has. Errata is a maybe but no announcement.

That makes sense.

The reason I asked was because of the change to Secrets of Arkham.

I'm reasonably new to the LCG from FFG, which just makes me curious if there is any other precedence.

It doesn't look like they ever stopped printing the core set for Netrunner. Call of Cthulhu seems to be an actual stop in production and reprint.

Is Secrets of Arkham the first deluxe box of any LCG that has been reprinted and changed to the "3 of" format? Have any of the other LCG cores reached a point where the core set was unavailable and then reprinted?

I suppose just digging for possible clues that the CoC core set gets the same beautiful treatment that Secrets of Arkham is getting. It would make it a lot easier to get into the game, for my wife and I. Plus buying it for friends too.

Here is to hoping!

Is Secrets of Arkham the first deluxe box of any LCG that has been reprinted and changed to the "3 of" format? Have any of the other LCG cores reached a point where the core set was unavailable and then reprinted?

AGoT's Kings of the Sea and Princes of the Sun deluxe expansions were both changed to the 3 of format from the previous formats they had.

All of the core sets for the LCGs have been out of print at one time or another. Netrunner has gone out of print and been reprinted multiple times since it started a little over a year ago.

I feel ya' Sully! After reading that the reprint of Secrets of Arkham went to '3of' I also wondered if the Core which was also on the reprint schedule could receive the same treatment but in the end I came to the same conclusion as Toqtamish, FFG is fine with status quo and prefers to apply their resources elsewhere. There would have to be some revamping of the insert and repricing etc. I also wonder how many folks would still buy a core as a whim to try something new if the initial investment was increased by so much?