Update #3...

By Tim Huckelbery, in Dark Heresy Second Edition Beta

Hi all, quick note that Update #3 won't be appearing today. Look for it tomorrow though.

–Tim

The ever-ominous Update #3

Ahahahah!

It's the ellipsis. Adds a slight bit of... trepidation.

Edited by The Inquisition

While updating the perils of the warp , an editor accidentally knocked over a dice bag and rolled doubles. Needless to say the whole fantasy flight games studio is now chasing after hundreds and hundreds of squigs.

Update 3 also know as "the delayed one".

Update 4 is only known from legends and lore.

Ok. That means: Updates are stopped. A new Beta 3.0 version can be downloaded in february.

The Rules of the new Beta completely revised and is based on The Star Wars RPG.

New Dice Sets can be ordered in March. ;)

Ok. That means: Updates are stopped. A new Beta 3.0 version can be downloaded in february.

I am not sure if I want to cry or to laugh...

Would be legitimately happy with this.

Same here.

Same here.

Whilst I don't mind trying something new, I play alot of different RP's and have a personal hate for game-specific dice. We didn't make the change from 2nd ed Warhammer to 3rd ed mainly because we didn't want to buy the amount of materials need to support an 8 strong RP group (our average number)

On a different note I blame the curse of update three on a forgotten chaos god who's sacred number happens to be 3.

Regards

Surak

4th will be even worse ;D or do you really think there will be any one more update after the third within this year ?

Honestly, how much work are you going to do next week? I know I'm taking the week off. If it were me, I'd shut down the Beta for the next two weeks for the holidays and pick up again after New Years.

Right - as we have such a big delay now anyway, who care about 2 more weeks.

What I'd like to see is a slightly bigger update for week 3 - giving us something to really get our teeth into over the holiday period - and then pickup the testing again with update 4 in the second week of January to give the dev's time to look over the feed-back from the holiday period.

My reasoning behind this is alot of rp groups will be able to meet more often during the holidays and therefore will generate more feedback for the devs to process.

Plus everyone deserves some time off.

Regards

Surak

These updates may be leading this forum on a descent into Heresy. BEWARE!

This one won't be very big, sorry. Next one should be though. We had several bits that we're still working on and rather than skip a week we decided to do this one and keep working on some of the items for next week. We are still hoping to get updates out each week though if at all possible.

An Update next week despite holiday time ? That would indeed be surprisingly awesome.

An Update next week despite holiday time ? That would indeed be surprisingly awesome.

It would be a sort of Christmas present :-)

I sort of disagree. A lot of the time, not a lot of work gets done xmas week and the week leading up to New Year's. I'd rather the team take it easy after this week and get back to us with a large update in the second week of January or so.

That said, I also imagine the DH2 team's bosses are riding them to get this out the door, and if that's the case they have my sympathies. I'd rather they work on the game until its finished instead of rushing it out the door to meet a deadline.

I sort of disagree. A lot of the time, not a lot of work gets done xmas week and the week leading up to New Year's. I'd rather the team take it easy after this week and get back to us with a large update in the second week of January or so.

That said, I also imagine the DH2 team's bosses are riding them to get this out the door, and if that's the case they have my sympathies. I'd rather they work on the game until its finished instead of rushing it out the door to meet a deadline.

This is absolutely true! I would rather have a "good" product late than a half-assed one on time!

Of course all of this is assuming that they are rushing. They may just be close to finalizing some content and need a few more days.

I'm honestly kind of surprised they think they'll have enough time to throw together an update next week. Don't you have Tuesday and Wednesday off next week? I'm in America (land of sh*tty labor laws) and I have those days off. Tim, what kind of vacation do you guys get at FFG?

It's up. Point-buy Characteristics are still wrong.

So all the characteristics start at 20, but the - characteristic starts at 20 while the + characteristic starts at 30. Don't they mean 15 for the - and a 25 for the +? Hell a 10 for the - and a 30 for the + would also be understandable. Why isn't there a option for those that want to start out with 25 in charactisitcs, or are we suppose to add the points in ourselves?