My Rogue Trader wants a Harem....

By lord inquisitor Iannise, in Rogue Trader Gamemasters

which in a way is why they're kinda boring after awhile.

I disagree...Trust me, Eldar are not boring... They are Brilliant! There are no other race quite some perfect at arrogantly asking for you help, while insulting your troops, race, skill, intelligence and saying you are no good for nothing but cannonfodder at the same time! XD

You gotta love to hate them XD

Wouldn't an eldar and a human having sex technically be bestiality? That's revolting.

Edited by ieatdeadpeople2

Wouldn't an eldar and a human having sex technically be bestiality? That's revolting.

Yes for them in particular. The way I'd run it Humans and Eldar are just similar enough in appearance to one another that they fall into each other's uncanny valley. It's probably even worse from the Eldar's perspective, like ******* a gross dumb caveman with fumbling retard hands.

I exercise my maximum nerd rage whenever I see someone on TV be shocked by a female/female-looking alien on TV in a relationship because they're the same gender and homosexuality is still shocking even in the future. I get angry because they're different species! Why is it assumed to be okay if the alien looks like a human male instead of a human female when they're both biologically completely different from humans!

Is my tawdry love affair with an Orkish Freeboter suddenly acceptable if I put a blonde wig and lipstick on him/it, and start calling him/it Joanne?

I once had an Ork NPC in my game that wore a metal studded squighide frock and had a squighide purse full of stick grenades, the deal was that he lived on a planet where an Egarian artifact was making the local ork population go a bit funny and this one had somehow somewhere along the way come into possession of a fashion magazine for Imperial ladies. Being an ork obviously he had no concept of gender and just liked the magazine for some reason.

As long as an Ork can bash a few heads and declare his superiority, he's welcome to be almost how ekksentrik as he **** well please. Especially if he's an Oddboy in some way, and if he's a Weirdboy, nobody cares.

I personally don't see a big problem between an Eldar and a Human, if the two can see that, evolutionarily speaking, they really are about even. Eldar can think they are better all they want, and even prove it. Humans can think they're better all they want, and even talk about how they'd prove it if they could be asked, but in the end, they are still much the same, despite their many differences. I agree that each side could certainly look at the other, and have any number of snide comments about how they wouldn't with the other, but meh. If they got to know one another, maybe grow a bit outside their education/indoctrination...yeah, this is trickier than I thought. I agree that they are different species, but they are also similar species. They both eat, drink, breathe, feel, dream, etc., and once they see each other as people...it's mostly weird because, in real life, humans have never had another analog to look to.

On the harem thing, it's funny that it inspired me to invent a character. He is RT Aedan Qel-Drake, a shameless flirt and blowhard. His "harem", however, often seem to own him. The Maidens of the Dragon are his bodyguards, eye candy, and any of a number of other jobs, and they, for the most part, administer themselves; he knows better than to meddle in their system of operation. Whenever new women come aboard, they get put into the group, and like some sort of space cheerleaders (sorry for the terrible analogy, but it does work), it is the Maidens who decide who can stay; they are very protective of their prize, and only those who seem genuinely inclined to keep Qel-Drake safe and prosperous stay. When he goes places, they accompany him, be it party or ruin, and they, for the most part, decide who and when. Women are his weakness; men he'll challenge, brag at, and what have you, but he'll sit on most any woman worth it, even if it isn't so wise, and sometimes his Maidens have to bail him out of his own stupid actions. To his crew, he's very much a softy, and genuinely liked, whether because they have affection for him or because he has a lot of nice stuff, and has his Maidens use it, while to many others, he's a womanizing pig, and an enemy to women everywhere. Overall, I'm looking very forward to further fleshing him out. Not sure on his ship, the Stellar Dragon, yet. He makes numerous Dragon puns; he hoards wealth and women around him, and fights all comers, like an ancient dragon of legend. "It's in the name ;)"

On the harem thing, it's funny that it inspired me to invent a character. He is RT Aedan Qel-Drake, a shameless flirt and blowhard. His "harem", however, often seem to own him. The Maidens of the Dragon are his bodyguards, eye candy, and any of a number of other jobs, and they, for the most part, administer themselves; he knows better than to meddle in their system of operation. Whenever new women come aboard, they get put into the group, and like some sort of space cheerleaders (sorry for the terrible analogy, but it does work), it is the Maidens who decide who can stay; they are very protective of their prize, and only those who seem genuinely inclined to keep Qel-Drake safe and prosperous stay. When he goes places, they accompany him, be it party or ruin, and they, for the most part, decide who and when. Women are his weakness; men he'll challenge, brag at, and what have you, but he'll sit on most any woman worth it, even if it isn't so wise, and sometimes his Maidens have to bail him out of his own stupid actions. To his crew, he's very much a softy, and genuinely liked, whether because they have affection for him or because he has a lot of nice stuff, and has his Maidens use it, while to many others, he's a womanizing pig, and an enemy to women everywhere. Overall, I'm looking very forward to further fleshing him out. Not sure on his ship, the Stellar Dragon, yet. He makes numerous Dragon puns; he hoards wealth and women around him, and fights all comers, like an ancient dragon of legend. "It's in the name ;)"

Yeah I get that vibe too, unless the guy single highhandedly strangled a carnifax with one hand while curing cancer with the other it all sounds sort of off to me. You know unless these chicks have been like brainwashed which is totally possible in 40k.

My Arch Militant isn't bad with the ladies but that's mostly because he's rich and famous and by "ladies" I mean "high end hookers" and "starstruck fangirls". In the long run I plan on aquiring a camera crew and PR team to help him lie about his image and sell him to the populations of the Calixis sector as a sort of rugged Dudly Do-Right through an ongoing series of newsreals and entertainment vids. Wheras in reality he's more of a principled but fairly amoral soldier of fortune.

Edited by Amazing Larry

Cult of Personality.

We have real-world examples of people commanding this level of respect and devotion form their cult-followers, and they didn't do any really impressive things (apart from tricking these people into believing them to be God/Saint/Prophet or whatnot).

So why not?

Cult of Personality.

Sounds like a Slaanesh Cult to me. :D

I don't know; I like to think that a Rogue Trader gets some say in what sort of people crew his ship, and I like how, at least in my head, it can also illustrate how the Captain is only in command so much as the crew lets him be, sort of like real pirate ships. Certainly it's silly, but its a harem with a bigger purpose. The Maidens do what many other ship's high crew do; they guard their Lord-Captain, and get stuff done. He just happens to have attractive women do it. And anyone who keeps large groups of "groupies" around knows that the best way to keep them working is to sort of let them sort things out. So long as it works.

Sadly, at this moment, I have no plans for him to be in with my least favorite Ruinous Power. Some of his women love him, others see him as larger than life. He elevated some from a dead-end life on some backwater to being a member of a Rogue Trader's crew. Any women who think that a Johnny Depp-style cpatain is at all sexy would think that this guy is interesting. Others in his group might think he's silly, and he's a total pushover to his ladies, but they like the benefits package his wealth brings. Nice gear, big parties, and all the other niceties a Rogue Trader can afford. In many ways, it's all actually rather believable, even while being a total anime harem ship. Oh well, I'll keep building on his story, and see if anything else come out of it. Working on a slight ship tweak, so maybe folks can help me with it there.