My Rogue Trader wants a Harem....

By lord inquisitor Iannise, in Rogue Trader Gamemasters

So 160 thousand concubines ummm... it would take him 44 years before he'd be "finished" with all of them.

This Rogue Trader please Slaanesh. :lol:

Enough Stimm and I'll clear them all in 44 days.

Well 160k dark eldars on board of spacecraft or even on a single planet may bring up some problems, don't you think so?

I suggest keeping to the humans, it's way more safe, can generate heirs (or just bastards to form true bloods regiment) and kosher with Imperiums creed.

So 160 thousand concubines ummm... it would take him 44 years before he'd be "finished" with all of them.

thats one woman every 4 minutes!

Well 160k dark eldars on board of spacecraft or even on a single planet may bring up some problems, don't you think so?

I suggest keeping to the humans, it's way more safe, can generate heirs (or just bastards to form true bloods regiment) and kosher with Imperiums creed.

I think he just wanted the one, but are ship will have a pop of about 72 million so one in 4500 people would be a dark eldar

Pretty sure that a man with 160,000 concubines is not concerned about actually pleasing any of his concubines. 4 minutes would include his time to catch his breath, and possibly get an IV of fluids so that he doesn't die of exhaustion.

I think he just wanted the one, but are ship will have a pop of about 72 million so one in 4500 people would be a dark eldar

1) How will your ship have a population of 72 million? The number of people who currently live on a void ship is already ridiculous, and that caps off at about 200,000 for a Battleship.

2) That's still probably better odds than DEldar need to win the fight.

Edited by Erathia

Pretty sure that a man with 160,000 concubines is not concerned about actually pleasing any of his concubines. 4 minutes would include his time to catch his breath, and possibly get an IV of fluids so that he doesn't die of exhaustion.

1) How will your ship have a population of 72 million? The number of people who currently live on a void ship is already ridiculous, and that caps off at about 200,000 for a Battleship.

2) That's still probably better odds than DEldar need to win the fight.

Well we're a sentimental group so I've decided to give them a battleship with crappy systems then let them upgrade their way to a top tier ship. The ships is 8km long 2km tall and 1.5km wide using the dimensions of a nimitz class aircraft carrier we came up with an estimated crew 72 million

I think it just matters what the composition of the player group itself is, the rulebooks are all obviously very PG13 for the sake of saleability but my game is basically a hard R. One of my NPCs does have a harem, and as far as official Nmaterial if I recall it's at least heavily implied that Tanthus Moross has one and considering he's basically a hedonistic cybernetic golem there are no doubt added layers of wierdness involved.

So anyway yeah not a big deal, only really becomes one if you've got people who will inist on squicking the rest of the group out by going into excessive creepy detail or someone who insists on getting offended.

When my RT's player asked me if he had a harem, i asked him: 'do you?'

They're Rogue Traders, they can have whatever they want. And when compared to starships and planets, they're remarkably cheap.

Now a Dark Eldar in your harem? That's just asking for trouble :)

When my RT's player asked me if he had a harem, i asked him: 'do you?'

They're Rogue Traders, they can have whatever they want. And when compared to starships and planets, they're remarkably cheap.

Now a Dark Eldar in your harem? That's just asking for trouble :)

especially if she has a hook fetish.

There are DE's who don't have hook fetishes?

There are DE's who don't have hook fetishes?

There are schisms between what sort of hooks work best in which situation. It's like how humans set out thirty forks for formal Planetary Government dinners, only this time the hooks are blunt, razor-sharp, poisoned, barbed, segmented, double-headed... all sorts of fun and different hooks that cause huge wars when one DEldar uses the wrong hook for the ceremonial torturing of a slave before dinner.

"Hook"? or...? Amazing how many other words might replace hooks, and still work for DE. I have one in mind right now. ;)

"Hook"? or...? Amazing how many other words might replace hooks, and still work for DE. I have one in mind right now. ;)

If a DEldar offers to hook you up with his sister, the answer is "NO!" - always.

This must be the most entertaining thread on the forum XD

Still as dreamy as a dark elder may be.. i will say "no" not as game master, but as an advice to the player..

1) You are going to have hard time impressing her...

2) even if you succed, she will likely kill you the first time you get intimate... even if she don't mean to...

3) she is going to leave a mess... if she is bored she is going to pull all sort of pranks (read: kill things for the lulz)

4) its is likely that she will consider the whole ship her personal playground... and most likely she will be right :P

5) she is evil and cruel by nature...

6) should you ever mannage to give her a change of heart.. she will die... because the cruel nature is what keeps them alive (or so i am told...)

But if your players really want to do it.. Their funeral! But she might also come in handy if someone should try to board "her" ship XD Who know, maybe they will grow on her too XD

You know, it's sort of funny, but I like, most of the time, how the "might as well be humans with one altered trait" aliens and humans in 40K DON'T frequently get together and see how far nature hasn't diverged; this hasn't stopped ME from working on a story where a Human and a Craftworld Eldar form a romantic involvement, but I'm beyond help, so... Anyway, in Star Wars, Star Trek, and any other such things, the aliens are still "human" enough that both parties can look at the other and say "yeah, let's do it", and the parts seem to second that thought, since interface seems tailor-made (ST:NG actually explains it, sort of, in one episode, but that'st neither here nor there), and fantasy isn't better. Tolkien has several instances where Humans and Elves get frisky, despite how they otherwise often portray as feeling about the other. D&D is no different, and on and on. One of my favorite video games, Tales of Symphonia, goes so far as to show that their Humans and Elves have very little in common, and that Half-Elves are UNIVERSALLY hated in their world; they'd get more love from the Imperium, and I don't think that's exaggeration. Still, some Humans and Elves dally, and surprise, someone hated and reviled by all is born, through no fault of their own. I love when one parent acts so to said Half-Elf, and I just look at the screen and wonder, if this is the response, and everyone knew it would be, why did you sleep with the other?

As a side, it would be nice if a DE could, potentially affix to a new emotional strand; instead of violence and bloodlust, something better, but that would harm the "grimdark" edge, no doubt. I do still wonder, sometimes, however, why some Dark Eldar don't just look at themselves, see that they are TERRIBLE, and put on a soulstone? Are they intrinsically different now? If the Dark Ekdar would do so, they could contribute to the Ynnead Plan, and maybe the Great Enemy could be defeated. As they stand now, they only seem to make Slaanesh STRONGER, and their deaths, often long overdue, contribute nothing beneficial, save a potentially slight decrease in pirate activity.

On harems, I wonder if some Dark Eldar Archons keep them? I can see some creepy mofo forcing humans to do something that, at least in 40K, would seem truly abominable to do, and maybe torment them while "working". If they can engender enough raw sensation, and/or survive it, they might even think that they have earned back their life, at least till the next time, and it is truly remarkable how strong the S-P instinct really can be, when you think they'd just say "I want to die." Okay, enough of this weird chat, for now. Next!!!

You know, it's sort of funny, but I like, most of the time, how the "might as well be humans with one altered trait" aliens and humans in 40K DON'T frequently get together and see how far nature hasn't diverged; this hasn't stopped ME from working on a story where a Human and a Craftworld Eldar form a romantic involvement, but I'm beyond help, so... Anyway, in Star Wars, Star Trek, and any other such things, the aliens are still "human" enough that both parties can look at the other and say "yeah, let's do it", and the parts seem to second that thought, since interface seems tailor-made (ST:NG actually explains it, sort of, in one episode, but that'st neither here nor there), and fantasy isn't better. Tolkien has several instances where Humans and Elves get frisky, despite how they otherwise often portray as feeling about the other. D&D is no different, and on and on. One of my favorite video games, Tales of Symphonia, goes so far as to show that their Humans and Elves have very little in common, and that Half-Elves are UNIVERSALLY hated in their world; they'd get more love from the Imperium, and I don't think that's exaggeration. Still, some Humans and Elves dally, and surprise, someone hated and reviled by all is born, through no fault of their own. I love when one parent acts so to said Half-Elf, and I just look at the screen and wonder, if this is the response, and everyone knew it would be, why did you sleep with the other?

Well, Dark elves aren't humans, they are aliens... Heck is is even stated in one of the bloodraven novels that they spit acid!! not serious, but enough to cause discomfort to a human... They are not space elves, they are freaking aliens XD

As a side, it would be nice if a DE could, potentially affix to a new emotional strand; instead of violence and bloodlust, something better, but that would harm the "grimdark" edge, no doubt. I do still wonder, sometimes, however, why some Dark Eldar don't just look at themselves, see that they are TERRIBLE, and put on a soulstone? Are they intrinsically different now? If the Dark Ekdar would do so, they could contribute to the Ynnead Plan, and maybe the Great Enemy could be defeated. As they stand now, they only seem to make Slaanesh STRONGER, and their deaths, often long overdue.

Please, by all means.. TELL THEM THAT XD

No, from what i can understand, they would very quickly weaken and die, if they weren't like that... but i could be wrong... But fact is, that it is a very cruel society, an it forces that upon everyone.. Weak (read: good) people meet unpleasent ends...

Beside, if we don't have darkeldar, where will we find lightly dressed, 9 attacks using eye candy? :P

Well, Dark elves aren't humans, they are aliens... Heck is is even stated in one of the bloodraven novels that they spit acid!! not serious, but enough to cause discomfort to a human... They are not space elves, they are freaking aliens XD

Please, by all means.. TELL THEM THAT XD

No, from what i can understand, they would very quickly weaken and die, if they weren't like that... but i could be wrong... But fact is, that it is a very cruel society, an it forces that upon everyone.. Weak (read: good) people meet unpleasent ends...

Beside, if we don't have darkeldar, where will we find lightly dressed, 9 attacks using eye candy? :P

"Alien" really only ever seems to mean a different species from a different world. I doubt "elves", a separate species, are really so much closer to humans than "eldar", a different species, and I sort of think GW planned it that way.

As for their spiritual damage, and needing to be tools, I guess than I don't get what makes them different from all other Eldar, who can mitigate the same damage other ways. I love me the Eldar, but I'll never say that they are nice people. CW Eldar will willingly cast whole worlds of OTHER people into oblivion to save their own hides, and this from a race that, at least in some aspects, is actively waiting to die, and thereby win against Slaanesh. Exodites aren't probably much different, besides being a little more primitive (by Eldar standards), and actually living on land, but they probably aren't much nicer, and not being able to move their world, might have to be even more jerks. Harlequins...no, i'm not even going to TRY and understand all the nuances of those Eldar. And that leaves Dark Eldar, who HAVE to cause suffering, even on people who don't want to hurt them (short list in the grimdark future, I know). I want to say that some part of it I read once relates to their living in the Webway so much, but I don't know what else, other than ****** bag levels off the scale makes them so different that they can't do what their "siblings" do. Evolution is fun, and some isolated species do separate from those they once shared relation to, but...

I've just never read anything of DE not WANTING to be jerks. Some people right here on Earth do some terrible things (I won't pick one place), as far as I judge, and nothing I say would persuade them that there was anything wrong about it; it's how they were raised. DE could be like that. Either by choice or society, they might actively LIKE what terrible things they do, and so why change them, even if all their actions partly, probably, sustain the Great Enemy, whom they otherwise hide from. It's one thing to do something terrible because you HAVE to, rather than you just WANT to, but I've never heard any DE regret being giant pricks (this isn't a me who's gone looking, mind); in their culture, such a feeling might not even exist.

They do fit a few niches, don't they?

While this has spawned an interesting conversation, I'd have to say to the OP that if your RT's main goal is to have a harem, then perhaps you are playing the wrong game. The goal should be the pursuit of so much wealth that, as a mere side effect, any eligible mate would willingly want to be with the Rogue Trader.

Edited by Cavgunner

It's one thing to do something terrible because you HAVE to, rather than you just WANT to, but I've never heard any DE regret being giant pricks...

You know, I never had any desire whatsoever to play a Dark Eldar until I read this sentence. Now I want to play a Dark Eldar that takes no joy in the atrocities that he must commit in order to survive, and wanders the expanse trying to find a way to repair his race's affliction (which is probably impossible).

It's one thing to do something terrible because you HAVE to, rather than you just WANT to, but I've never heard any DE regret being giant pricks...

You know, I never had any desire whatsoever to play a Dark Eldar until I read this sentence. Now I want to play a Dark Eldar that takes no joy in the atrocities that he must commit in order to survive, and wanders the expanse trying to find a way to repair his race's affliction (which is probably impossible).

Is his name going to be Drizzt Do'Urden? Just curious.

Is his name going to be Drizzt Do'Urden? Just curious.

Hssssss!!! He spoke the defilers name :angry:

Seriously, first name that popped into my mind also.

Also popped into my mind that if ever anyone would bring Character, better yet Dark Elf/Eldar, named after him to my gaming table. I would personally put that character sheet through shredded and then burn the shredded paper to make sure it's dead. :ph34r:

And you should, because such extremes are necessary to stop that Drow.

My sociology is getting me again. Why? I know that many people have trouble viewing what other people do as "okay" because they weren't raised to feel the same way about it. Any of a hundred inappropriate, but real-life examples are springing to mind, but I won't type them here. I'd be interested in hearing the Dark Eldar's motives for seeking atonement. By culture, he'd have been taught it was okay, even expected, and by biology/spiritology, he MUST perform said acts, or die. If he doesn't want to drink in suffering (and why not?), but isn't willing to kill himself, meaning he still must do this, what sort of atonement is he seeking? Why did his brethren, who probably would have sensed this "weakness" in him allow him to go out? It's my understanding that most DE don't get to go d-bag it up in the galaxy, and instead merely absorb the ambient misery and pain of Commoragh. Other than just wanting him to be a different DE, what's his goal? Your goal?

My sociology is getting me again. Why? I know that many people have trouble viewing what other people do as "okay" because they weren't raised to feel the same way about it. Any of a hundred inappropriate, but real-life examples are springing to mind, but I won't type them here. I'd be interested in hearing the Dark Eldar's motives for seeking atonement. By culture, he'd have been taught it was okay, even expected, and by biology/spiritology, he MUST perform said acts, or die. If he doesn't want to drink in suffering (and why not?), but isn't willing to kill himself, meaning he still must do this, what sort of atonement is he seeking? Why did his brethren, who probably would have sensed this "weakness" in him allow him to go out? It's my understanding that most DE don't get to go d-bag it up in the galaxy, and instead merely absorb the ambient misery and pain of Commoragh. Other than just wanting him to be a different DE, what's his goal? Your goal?

Who said anything about atonement? Just because he takes no pleasure in it doesn't mean he feels he needs to be redeemed. Maybe he has just come to the realization that the dependency on the suffering of other races is a weakness of his species, which limits them from ever becoming more than they are. The DE that sit on Commoragh absorbing the ambient misery and pain are the most pathetic of creatures, with no drive or ambition for themselves or their race. His brethren probably hate him and his heretical ideas.

The only goal here would be to play a DE that's not a complete d-bag just because he's a DE. For a PC race, I despise the way DE are portrayed. All the worst parts of Chaotic Evil Rogues in D&D.

Anyway, didn't mean to derail the thread. What were we talking about... harems? Whatever. Just give the dude a harem and then never talk about it again. Is it really important either way, to anybody but the player?

Yeah I don't understand why so many people don't get this, why they can't understand why the Drizzt style Mary Sue is such a terrible godawful piece of **** character concept. It's not that individuals never become disgusted or disillusioned with their own culture but it just doesn't work the way that character is always written.

Just to add to why the idea behind an "atoning" DE is so **** stupid there's also the fact that no atonement is possible and there's nobody left to atone to. As we know the whole backstory behind the Eldar ALL Eldar is at the end of the day their whole race is so utterly screwed sideways by their fuckup ancestors that it doesn't really matter what they do. They cannot win and their situation cannot improve, which in a way is why they're kinda boring after awhile.