Contest roll question

By Bataar, in Age of Conan

So when there's a contest, I need to make sure I'm reading the rules correctly. Let's say the attacker has strength 4 and the defender has strength 3. If the attacker rolls and gets 4 hits, does the defender even need to bother rolling? By my understanding of the rules, the defender would be required to get 4 hits as well in order to win and since that's impossible, even with cards, is it even worth the effort or am I misunderstanding something?

Bataar said:

So when there's a contest, I need to make sure I'm reading the rules correctly. Let's say the attacker has strength 4 and the defender has strength 3. If the attacker rolls and gets 4 hits, does the defender even need to bother rolling? By my understanding of the rules, the defender would be required to get 4 hits as well in order to win and since that's impossible, even with cards, is it even worth the effort or am I misunderstanding something?

you are right unless the defender has cards which add hits! gui%C3%B1o.gif

If the attacker rolls more hits than the defender can roll, indeed he won already. So it is possible that from time to time a counter-roll by the defender is not necessary.

Cybernex said:

If the attacker rolls more hits than the defender can roll, indeed he won already. So it is possible that from time to time a counter-roll by the defender is not necessary.

Yes, and when this happens, REJOICE. I can't tell you how many times I've rolled 5 dice as the attacker, used a strategy card, and still rolled 4 blanks.

TK

Tim Kelly said:

Yes, and when this happens, REJOICE. I can't tell you how many times I've rolled 5 dice as the attacker, used a strategy card, and still rolled 4 blanks.

TK

Did they have herbs/drugs to cure "shooting blanks" in the Hyborian Age partido_risa.gif ?

j/k

Dam said:

Tim Kelly said:

TK

Did they have herbs/drugs to cure "shooting blanks" in the Hyborian Age partido_risa.gif ?

j/k

Probably horrible Stygian Magik! lengua.gif