Conditionss, reckoning, and timing

By Rasp2, in General Discussion

Two questions about conditions.

1- if you squire asserts as your first action and take a bank loan,can your second action be the local action to get rid of that debt?

2- my friends investigator had a debt, which led to him having amnesia. Does the newly acquired amnesia now trigger due to the reckoning? We played that it did, which gave another debt, that he then resolved as well.

Thanks

1: I'd say yes, you can. Remember: you cannot play twice / round the same action during your Action Phase, but acquiring Assets and resolving Action conditions on a card are not the same action, so actually you can do this.

2. Not so sure on this one. I'd say no. Reference guide, pag 9, reads:

Possessions and Conditions: Starting with the Lead Investigator and proceeding clockwise, each investigator resolves the reckoning effect on each possession and Condition he has, if any, in the order of his choice.

So, actually, when it's your turn, you have to decide the order you resolve them among the cards in play. Even if Amnesia is in play after you've resolved the Debt condition, it was not in play when you've decided the order in which to resolve the cards.

Regarding #2: From the reference guide, under "Reckonings"

If a Monster is spawned or an investigator gains a component while investigators are resolving reckoning effects, they do not resolve the reckoning effect on that Monster or component.

So in this case the newly acquired condition (a component in their words) would not need to be resolved until the next time reckonings are triggered.

Thanks, I missed that line! Glad I was playing it correctly, though!

Yeah, the cascade effect would be too tricky to keep up with; just remembering ALL the reckoning effects in the right order is tricky enough.