My feedback on the Armoury (week 3 topic)

By GauntZero, in Dark Heresy Second Edition Beta

You can also port the rule from shadowrun - making called shot to bypass armour - shooting in unprotected areas, like face etc.

The rule would state that you can take penalty to lower target armour. -10 penalty for decreasing the armour by 1.

Also I would like to see shots in the head deal more damage. We houseruled that hits in the head deal 2 more damage, and hits in the body 1 more damage. Grimdark deadlines all the way. **** train has no breaks etc

Yes, but shadowrun did that with a penalty depending to the armour you try to bypass. And that penalty was horribly high at armour where it made sense.

I think it would better to offer a called shot to halve the armour value (rounded up) at the given location.

You can also port the rule from shadowrun - making called shot to bypass armour - shooting in unprotected areas, like face etc.

And this is why my sniper loves the way SM sgts don't wear helmets. :D

.. except, they do around him, it's just a trope these days :-/

Totally unrelated to anything anyone else has said, but I don't understand why it's necessary for Bleeder Rounds to have their own unique set of rules. Why no just give them something like Crippling (2) or causes Blood Loss.

Causing blood loss would actually be an interesting thing if they brought the Beta1 fatigue back.

And this is why my sniper loves the way SM sgts don't wear helmets. :D

.. except, they do around him, it's just a trope these days :-/

The problem is, that usually, there is no real unprotected area. If you are lucky, the head has 1 armour less than the rest.