Homeworld options

By GauntZero, in Dark Heresy Second Edition Beta

As starting Seeds of Heresy, I got to miss a homeworld option that would somehow suit Novabella.

Something like a Feudal Worlder.

As Imperial World is no longer an option, I feel there is a gap... :(

A Feudal Worlder would be a good filler for this gap in my opinion (somewhere between chivalry & gunpowder).

I was wondering this myself, Novabella is low-tech, but not low-tech enough to be called a Feral World.

And there are a lot of such worlds.

"Feudal Worlder" would cover a good range between Feral Worlders and Hiver Worlders.

Uhm. I think we should have both options, Feudal and Imperial worlds. Imperial would range from the basic Imperial technology to the paradise worlds and high cultured worlds (Like Gudrun in Eisenhorn's books), while Feudal worlds would be more appropiate to middle age-early industrial period.

And dont forget the schola progenium ;D

Still a lot of common options for acolytes missing...

They have to keep something for supplements, for better or worse. Schola will likely be in one of those.

Yep. But the Schola is a really special training system, only for orphans. Most of the Acolytes should come from a normal Imperial world, and that option is missing. I'm directing a game after I finish the one I'm directing now (Mouse Guard), and will work with my players if they want another options, specially because I know one of them would like to be a Mind Cleansed.

I would prefer to have some new and exciting stuff for future expansions, not the stuff we already had warmed up again...

With a feudal world what would it look like in terms of character? The bonus could be set around knowing your place? Training in low tech, but what would the aptitude and +/- stat look like?

Gets the following Bonus ability:

so much used is the character to Low-Tech Weapons, that attacks with Low-Tech weapons get +10 on the attack roll and +1 on damage

Aptitude:

>Weapon Skill<

Characteristics:

+: Weapon Skill, Perception

-: Intelligence (Medieval ignorance)

1d5+8 Wounds

Special Ability: Feudal worlders may ready or stow a bow or crossbow as a free action.

Or maybe their bonus ability should be Weapon Training (Low-Tech)? Because it is nice to have bonuses for Low-Tech weapons but without the actual Weapon Training... they are kinda' pointless :) .

Special abilities being things people can buy with XP anyway is kind of lame, I find.

Special Ability: Feudal worlders may ready or stow a bow or crossbow as a free action.

Not all Feral Worlders are bowmen though. Thats why I'd made Low-Tech weapons in general, which includes also melee (knights) and gunpowder

Or maybe their bonus ability should be Weapon Training (Low-Tech)? Because it is nice to have bonuses for Low-Tech weapons but without the actual Weapon Training... they are kinda' pointless :) .

This looks better to me, for the reasons mentioned by Gauntie0 above.

Special abilities being things people can buy with XP anyway is kind of lame, I find.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I just happen to find that 'classes' are a trap, and so find that all class based special abilites are, in your words, "kind of lame".

I don't see anything particularly bad about giving people nice little benefits that barely affect balance as something that keeps them set apart from the rest of the players on a permanent basis. It's easy for characters to feel samey in an open advancement system, background specific abilities that XP can't buy mitigate that.

. It's easy for characters to feel samey in an open advancement system, background specific abilities that XP can't buy mitigate that.

I realise this - it has often been pointed out to me.

I just can't sympathise, except in the abstract.

Not all Feral Worlders are bowmen though. Thats why I'd made Low-Tech weapons in general, which includes also melee (knights) and gunpowder

WOOSH

WOOSH

Tschakabuum