Louisville Warhammer Loot Blowout Tournament

By Kaine82, in Warhammer Invasion Organized Play

From the early days of Warhammer Invasion, Louisville has strived to have a tournament scene. This means league kits, surplus of league kits. Our group has tons of Warhammer swag we are dying to give away for one more glorious tournament!

I'll get official numbers on everything as the date approaches, but here is a sampling of what will be there:

• 16 Alternate Art Zealot Hunters from GenCon
  • 3 unopenned League Kits (Season 1, 2 and 3)
  • Mini Capital Boards
  • Play mats
  • Plastic Hammer tokens
  • Plastic Burn Tokens
All this with only a $5 entry fee. We already have upwards of 7 coming down from Indianapolis to play do you think you guys could make it? We will make it worth your while in swag!
|--------------------------------------------------|
Where:
Something 2 Do :: google directions
(in the oxmoor center next to sears)
7900 Shelbyville Rd, Louisville, KY 40222
(502) 425-5257

When:

Saturday, January 25 from noon to ??? (they close at 11PM or so)

Cost:
$5
RSVP:
NOTE:
Cool stuff will for sure be given to those who travel to come!
|--------------------------------------------------|
tumblr_mxhx5nfSCn1r67vavo1_1280.jpg
Edited by Kaine82

You know I am in. And I will be reffering to it as the Long Winter tournament. I will be purchasing a plaque to that effect for the winner.

Leon and I want Bobby to put his North American Championship plaque up as a prize!

Bobby Graves has RSVP'd! Don't miss your chance to unseat the last official North American Champion!

tumblr_mrr8apsafO1r67vavo1_1280.png

Guys - this is awesome! I will try my hardest to travel in from Kansas City! I'll let you know for sure after the holidays. I've already rescheduled my work schedule so that I can be working in STL, MO that Friday - cutting my drive time - on the way there, at least :) - in half. I'm even trying to convince my brother to fly in for it. This looks awesome. Thanks for getting it going! (I hope the Long Winter doesn't turn into the BAD winter - with weather screwing up my travel plans!)

You have no idea how excited this makes me! There are a couple extra kits available to use too, so if we get an even better turn out than we expect there will be more than enough swag to go around.

Also, cparadise (Charles) is having a trophy made for the event!

Trophy has actually shipped. As soon as I receive it, I will post pictures.

I'm just starting to put together all the goodies we will be giving away. Looks like we will have enough Judgment of Verenas to go around! I'll post more goodies soon!

tumblr_mxz2kwx0OT1r67vavo2_1280.jpg

Edited by Kaine82

We have the trophy! Thank you Charles for your contribution!

IMG_20131219_210020.jpg

Also, just to reiterate, we are giving away all this coolness to try to entice people to travel to play in this tournament. Anyone that can get a couple of guys together to make the trip, I guarantee will not leave disappointed! Most of us already have all this cool stuff and this is just extras that will be given away as door prizes to people that travel.

Here is some listings for hotels for that weekend:
Hotels near Something2Do

Hope to see a lot of new faces!

Edited by Kaine82

If I may say so myself, that trophy turned out pretty nicely.

Edited by cparadis

Trophy looks awesome Kaine ;)

Wish we in Poland had those promo Witch Hunters :P

Kaine one favour if I may ask.

Can you please post feedback regarding the FAQ after the tournament? Even if people are negative and it will be the last tournament they* played using it we would appreciate if you let us know how you feel about it.

Thanks.

Edited by Virgo

I will also be converting the FAQ to a single printer-friendly document so I can print it out for the tournament. Now I just need to start working on a deck to play.

Kaine one favour if I may ask.

Can you please post feedback regarding the FAQ after the tournament? Even if people are negative and it will be the last tournament the played using it we would appreciate if you let us know how you feel about it.

Thanks.

Will do!

Edited by Kaine82

Alright, it's official - We are coming!!!! My brother is flying in from Seattle and the two of us are road-tripping it from Kansas City to Louisville. As long as the weather doesn't screw up our plans we will see you guys in a few weeks!

Kaine82 - I sent a request on FB to join your group. Couldn't figure out how to RSVP on that page otherwise.

Sorry RSVPing was such a pain. I decided to use facebook instead of Meetup because I thought it would be easier for out of town people, but it looks like it is still a little difficult.

For others, you will need to request to join the group before you can RSVP. The group has this setting to weed out solicitors.

I am so excited to hear you guys are coming! We really want to make this the biggest North American WHI Event ever and we can't do it without guys like you!

Edited by Kaine82

No problem on the FB RSVP. Its not like i had to do it. I told you here I was coming :)

We are looking forward to coming. My brother says:

"How many people are going?"

me: "I dunno. I think they're hoping for 25 or more."

"Sweet so I can make the top 25 no matter what!"

LOL!

I hope there are that many. Our record so far is 17 or 18.

Special Preliminary Gaming Night!

On Friday, January 24 we will be playing at another local store for some early action!

BluegrassMagic GameShop :: Google Directions

5629 Outer Loop, Louisville, KY 40219

(502) 964-1170

6:30PM to midnight

Bluegrass has Season 3 league kits available for so we can do casual or tournament play depending on what people want.

If you are coming from out of town and need a ride to and from the hotel please let me know ahead of time and I'd be glad to come get you!

I'm starting to get a head count and it looks like we could have between 20 - 25 participants! There are several long shots I'm not including in those numbers and if they come we could get to 30! If always wanted to play in a large Warhammer Invasion tournament don't miss out on what is shaping up to be the largest North American tournament ever!

Edited by Kaine82

Just received new that a guy will be flying in from Washington DC to play! This is going to be an awesome tournament!

UPDATE ::

I had a couple of people ask and wanted to clarify the tournament start time:

Signups start at 12PM and the Tournament starts at 1PM

Several people have expressed interest in multiplayer. If you have a multiplayer specific deck be sure an bring it in case we have time to play!

Thanks again Kaine, cparadis, and all you Louisville guys! We had a blast coming out there! And remember - to quote that family from another "game" - "What is dead may never die!!!"