Seeds of Heresy (Play-by-Post) INPLAY

By GauntZero, in Adventure: Seeds of Heresy

Reginald nods and tells the Sergeant to hold off. He asks him what the current strategic and tactical situation is with regards to troop numbers and quality between the Tithe Guard and Crouze's men, as well as the defensibility and vulnerability of the sodality leader's location.

As far as Crouze knows, his mens strength is about 400 (depending on the exact number of tonights losses).

He makes sure though that this are not "his" men, as he just leads them in operative missions and also is quite new to them.

Formally, they now are commanded by the Viceroy who is the next man in charge of the kathrinka family.

The Tithe Guard has at least 2.000 men - they usually are not located all at the same place though.

The sodalitys leader owns a mansion about 200 km from here - very expense, well defended.

He tells you to also not underestimate her influence. She is in business for fourty years now and knows almost everyone of importance on the planet very well. To confront her...is suicide.

Croize makes clear that he likes you and is conformed that your intentions are righteous. But he cannot and will not act directly against his superiours or his family. And he will also not send his men into a suicide mission. Even if he could somehow get the command.

Ok, I rest for 6 hours.First I'll spend another hour watching for shipment vehicles.When I observed the vehicle pass the check point, did his grain shipment get searched very thoroughly?If it was a lax or casual search, I'm going to go down to the streets and look around for someone who owns a vehicle or truck, and doesn't seem to be using it to go anywhere.I also Vox Courze and tell him to tell the others I am planning on investigating the AgriHarvest compound

Every hour about 2-3 vehicles pass. The search process does not seem to be very thoroughly. Instead, the guards seem to be rather bored.

You see a transport that seems to be slightly damaged on the road some hundred meters away from your position. The driver, an old farmer, tries to repair it currently.

I remember how weird the other farmer was. I hate to think that any corruption has spread to all the farmers, but I can't rule it out.

I'm gonna find a passerby on the streets, and ask him to distract the farmer. Get into a heated argument about something. In return I offer my Aquila necklace. "Grave things are afoot in the Agriharvest Sodality. The Imperium must be warned. Will you do your duty to the Emperor and Mankind?"

If they accept, I'll wait until they are deeply engaged, and then I make my way to the back of the truck, and find a crate of grain. I dig myself into the stuff and submerge in it almost completely.

Then I wait.

There are no people nearby. It is not a good area to go for a walk here.

In general, the farmers dont seem to have much sparetime.

Teagan says to Reginald, "We must secure the Viceroy if it is not already too late. Crouze, do you have any men in the vicinity of the Viceroy that can detain those newly assigned men?"

He looks at you unsure: "I wouldnt secure the viceroy ! He is the one in charge here now."

"I'm saying that we need to ensure his safety considering he is in the company of some of the new men that could also be traitors. We need to capture those new soldiers and question them."

"THats right...I mean...it is for his own protection, right ?"

> Please make a Deceive Test +20 <

Deceive Test

Fel 40 +20 = 60 [rolled 47]

"Yes...I think you are right...I will order all men that I can persuade to go and find him to bring him...to a secure place."

I swear under my breath, and approach the Farmer.

"Vehicle trouble citizen?"

"Yeah, my friend...I think something broke down there...but I am not at all experienced in repairing such stuff. Do you have a hand ?"

Crouze comes back to you after some hours:

"We managed to...help the viceroy into a secure location. He tried to approach the oberseers mansion. I can bring you to him if you want."

I swear under my breath, and approach the Farmer."Vehicle trouble citizen?"

With a Tech-Use +10 test, or a similar skill, you could help the man to repair his truck.

Oh, whoops, sorry.

I stare at th engine a bit blankly. This is why we have cog heads.

I walk up to the engine and give it a tentative rap.

Roll: 87

A small piece breaks off in my hands, and I quickly hide it,

"Ah sorry, looks a bit out of my league. How are you going to get your shipment through now? I hear the Sodality hates a late shipment"

"**** it...thats really really bad ! It will ruin me, if I dont bring it in time. The penalties are horribly high!"

He has a desperate look on his face.

"But there is no way I can bring all this stuff to the storage facilities without the vehicle..."

How much grain is there? Bags? Crates?

Edited by Felenis

There are about 40 huge bags of grain. Each bag weighs around 30kg.

I light the grain on fire with my las pistol, and start inciting up a mob with rhetoric about the Emperor