Is Nordheim "coastal" ?

By Tim Kelly, in Age of Conan

I've seen folks post (on another board) they play the Nordheim province as "coastal". I know in "real life" (ha!) that area of the map was really two countries, one of which was definitely on the western ocean. On the game board, it seems clear they wanted the "ocean" covered up by the adventure card area, so we have been playing Nordheim is NOT coastal.

The reason I mention this: the "Sea Power" objective card. All other colored areas of the map have at least two non-adjacent coastal areas for purposes of completing this card, and Aquilonia, Stygia, and Turan can complete this objective without bumping into another player. Just wondering why it's different for Hyperborea.

Please note: I do NOT consider this to be a flaw; merely a point of interest. I've also noticed Cybernex posting here, so I'm hoping he (or one of the other designers) can answer.

How are y'all playing it? Is Nordheim "coastal"?

If the designers are reading this, just let me say: This is one GREAT game!

TK

Not coastal! lengua.gif

We also lay as not costal since the adventure track does a great job covering it.

It's not coastal, but I would not complain about a house rule who makes it coastal if you want to give a little additional edge to the Hyperborean

Cybernex said:

It's not coastal, but I would not complain about a house rule who makes it coastal if you want to give a little additional edge to the Hyperborean

Thanks! We've always played it as "non-coastal", and will continue to do so. Got to play again tonight, and finally won as Stygia. I love this game!

TK

I think Hyperborea has enough "edge"as it is. It is the biggest nousiance for Turan (and later, Aquilonia) with it's kingdom card drawing rate and the bountiful supply of sorcery tokens. gui%C3%B1o.gif