Play-by-post

By GauntZero, in Adventure: Seeds of Heresy

Anyone did that so far ?

Is there any forum on here that provides room for this ?

Once tried and it was not too bad - something to daily play a bit.

Works only though, if all players and especially the GM are:

a.) relieble (post very regularly)

and

b.) are honest about the dice they throw

Would love to try this with some guys for DH2Beta

I was in a game on another forum that got torpedoed by the announcement they were going to completely re-write the beta to be in line with OW. The reaction on that forum to this new beta has been... unenthusiastic, and nobody has bothered to run a new game.

Mh...should be possible anyway to run it here somewhere - or would this be un-wanted ?

So...if some guys here would be willing to give it a try, I'd like to test out play-by-post here with Dark Heresy 2nd Beta2.

Volunteers please post here or pm me ;D

If enough gather, we'll give it a try.

Edited by GauntZero

No need to be honest about dice rolls if you use an online roller like InvisibleCastle, or something else that keeps records of throws. Pretty useful for play by post stuff.

cool idea ! do you have a link ?

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/

Keeps records of all rolls, as logn as you make them under a name other than 'test' (no need to make an account or anything though).

Just get your players to hotlink their results whenever they make a roll so there's no room for cheating.

thanks a lot ! Thats really a good thing to use for such purposes

Yeah, it's handy. Of course, for one off rolls the player COULD just keep rerolling till they get a favourable result then post that, so some trust is needed. But it's pretty reliable for, say, stat rolling.

I think it would become obvious over some time anyway if someone always rolls too good.

Now the only thing missing is players :D

I always called out cheaters by having the enemies cheat right back :P

I will keep that in mind *hehe*