Space Hulk Missions

By Khashul2, in Deathwatch Gamemasters

So I'm currently running AoLS and the hardest bit is generating the in between bits that the players may come across during travel.

So what encounters have you guys come up with when running Space Hulks or AoLS?

I created some SPACE HULK VERMIN to drop in as random encounters for a series of missions on a Space Hulk.

I'm coing to the end of AofLS actually. Some of the encounters I came up with were.....

1) An abandoned shanty town in the shadow of an Imperial Cruiser. In the shanty town was a temple dedicated to Chaos inhabited by a Herald of Khorne

2) A huge bridge stretching across an abyss. Above them there are ships hanging like stalactites. The ships start to shift and fall. The PCs need to run.....

3) Lots of vermin from DH creatures anathama including mawflukes and Stench Beasts

4) A 'library' ship dating back to 11,000AD and containing a copy of John Doones Mediations #27 as well as odd robot creatures

5) Murder Servitors haunting a vessel

6) A number of Tyranid ambushes including ripper swarms and a Tyranid Warrior

7) Passage ways filled with fire and bearing the markings of Tzeentch.

Basically a very wide variety of encounters a lot for atmosphere but always with the threat that something nasty could happen. The good thing with AoLS is that as soon as the PCs get bored or frustrated with an encounter you can encourage them to move on quite easily.