Newish player looking for serious help with deck building!

By HoodedKing, in 4. AGoT Deck Construction

Hey everyone,

I'm looking today for someone who really enjoys brewing up decks and can take the time in his/her busy day to give me a hand.

My friends and I, have just recently decided to build competitive decks. I was looking to maybe build 2 competitive decks out of our card pool.

Card pool is as follows;

Core set x2

Prince of the Suns

Kings of the Sea

Lords of Winter

Queen of Dragons

A Roll of the Dice

Refugees of War

Sacred Bonds

Ancient Enemies

Mountains of the Moon

Where Loyalty Lies

The obvious 2 decks I'm going to build is mostly likely (but not limited to if someone wants to take a stab at something different..) Targ and Stark just for the simple fact of I have their deluxe expansions. The things is I'm not the best deck builder and I can't seem to grasp the concept of looking online for decks because I just think that unless you have all the cards to be net decking it's probably not the best idea.

Keep in mind there is no meta game where I am really so any great synergy decks, etc would be great!

Thanks, Cheers!

Well the way i started building decks was I pretty much took the suggested decks from the Deluxe expansions and pretty much just played with those.

After I got the feel of those decks I went back and looked through what i had and tried to fit it into the pre-constructed decks and took out what I didn't like or felt didn't work.

Ideally deck building is making a deck that you think is fun, in my opinion experiment with what you have and see what works for your group.