Random Map Maker

By jimbolya, in WFRP Gamemasters

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for paid or free map makers that would do various setting such as: towns, villages, out doors, and dungeons?

I've book marked some stuff, but I'm wondering what the community might have to offer up...

Cheers ~

Good idea, I'm also looking for this kind of tool, without success till now, so I have to build my own formula.

Would be keen to share what you already found out (as you mentioned you already bookmarked something?) please?

Cheers

No problem - will post it after work today lol

Any news?

I'm trying to build a map for Karak Azgaraz. But have no skills at drawing it myself. :)

Actually I just found a better one.

http://donjon.bin.sh/d20/dungeon/index.cgi

Gives option to download it without Numbers and different Backgrounds.

For the Levels of Karak azgaraz I dont need seperate 100 different number, I just mark the different Clan Areas, or special Rooms, anything else is just more space to go between. I will show screens once more work was done into it.

Edited by Glorian Underhill

PM gitzman and see if he still has his Maptool creation from a couple years ago (I played in his Karak Azgaraz game). He had excellent maps and could probably screenshot them if he still has them.

jh

PM gitzman and see if he still has his Maptool creation from a couple years ago (I played in his Karak Azgaraz game). He had excellent maps and could probably screenshot them if he still has them.

jh

Huah! Give them to me manling!!!! devilish.png

The above links are nice for Dungeon crawls, but unfortunately it's slim pickings for Randomized Cities/Towns/Villages/Outdoor maps.

If you are prepared to put in a little work yourself, free apps:

World Maps - Not Random

Town Maps - one click Random function

Dundeons and Buildings Old Style - not Random

Villages and Hamlets are easy ie average 100ppl (inc Children), est 35 buildings, defences, wells/river/coast for water etc, doesn't take too long to hand make.

Towns and Cities are tough because you're talking pop between 5k to 100k upwards etc and implied infrastructure. The only one I really like for this is

Inkwellideas City Map Generator

Let me know what you think,

TD.

Edited by Twodogz