"Stars of Inequity" Treasure Generator Supplement

By Crystal Geyser, in Rogue Trader House Rules

Hey all,

I'm new to the forums, but I've been playing Rogue Trader for about a year now and the supplement book "Stars of Inequity" has always been of great use to me. I especially am fond of the Treasure Generator, and one of its little quirks that has always enamored it to me was the way it avoided specifically naming the xenos races it represented - for example, the "Ramshackle" origin was blatantly a reference to the Orks, while "Remnant of the Endless" is clearly a Necron device. However, as I was looking through the various options, it occurred to me that one very unique, very characterful race had been forgotten.

The Squats.

Nah, I'm just kidding.

The Dark Eldar.

Ahh, the Dark Eldar. Our favorite space-efl-cenobites, and quite possibly the most evil, sadistic race in 40k's expansive background. Most of the major races are indeed covered by the Treasure Generator - the Orks, Eldar, Tau, Necrons, and the Yu'Vath, Rogue Trader's characteristic new race - but I felt that it was time to put together a Treasure Generator table for Rogue Traders who like their xenos artifacts a little more dark, a little more elfin, and a little more sadistic.

Lo, I give you:

Craft of the Sadist

Melee Weapon: The weapon features many interlocked segments and sharp, lacerating hooks, clearly designed to cause as much pain as possible in addition to being utterly lethal. The weapon counts as having the Mono upgrade, and the GM’s choice of the Toxic, Tearing or Shocking Quality. Halve its weight.

Ranged Weapon: The weapon is long and sleek, firing sharp filaments of glass or crystal, and is adorned with hooked barbs and tearing blades. Reduce its Damage by 2 and its Pen by 1. If the weapon is a Pistol, multiply its Clip Size by 20. If the weapon is a Basic weapon, multiply its Clip Size by 10. Double its Reload Time, and give it the Toxic Quality if it does not already possess it. If its Damage Type is Impact, change it to Rending. If the weapon is a Pistol, it can be wielded in close combat as per a mono-knife – if a Basic Weapon, it counts as a mono-spear. Halve its weight.

Armor: The armor consists of a tight-fitting suit of flexible, chitinous plates, which conform uncomfortably to the wearer thanks to the barbs and spines that line its interior. It features elongated proportions that were intended for beings humanoid, but definitely not human. Divide the armor’s weight by three. Donning the armor requires a Challenging (+0) Toughness or Willpower Test to avoid taking a single Level of Fatigue from its sharp protrusions. If the armor is Light Power Armor or Power Armor, reduce its number of Armor Points by 2. It does not increase the user’s Strength Statistic or Bonus – instead, it comes equipped with a Force Field with a Protection Rating of 20, which overloads if its user rolls doubles on any deflection roll.

Gear and Tools: The item is constructed from a mixture of organic and cybernetic components, giving it an extremely horrifying texture. If the item provides a bonus to any Skill Tests, increase that bonus by +5.

Ship Component: The component is a predatory structure of monomolecular edges and sharp, brutal curves. An angry glow emanates form its components and the device smells of pain and fear. If the item is a plasma drive, it grants a +20 Bonus to the Flank Speed Extended Action. If the component is a macrocannon, it grants a +10 Bonus to Ballistic Skill Tests made to use it. If the Component is a Lance, it deals an additional +1d10 Damage per Degree of Success, up to a maximum of +2d10 damage.

"Stars of Inequity" and "Soul Reaver" were used to create this table.

Edited by Crystal Geyser

No morale penalty for the ship component?

I'd expect some significant morale penalties or perhaps a boost in performance when catastophy strikes (feeding on the pain of those nearby).