I'd like the old Beta's psychic rules back

By Morangias, in Dark Heresy Second Edition Beta

My complaints about the current psyker rules are only minor ones. I write them here not so much to add to the present discussion but in the hope that others are saying the same things and that FFG is listening.

- I've brought this up before but I'll say it again here: I really think that having separate phenomenon tables for each of the five categories of power added a lot of flavor to being a psyker.

- What I loved and found very fitting about Smite in the previous beta was that it could potentially be quite a high rate-of-fire attack. Now it's been reduced to equivalency to SEMI-auto. Lame.

- Why, oh WHY is Flame Breath now a barrage attack instead of a spray? That makes no sense to me at all.

With regard to what IS currently being discussed, I have to strongly agree with systrauser on the Willpower issue.

- Why, oh WHY is Flame Breath now a barrage attack instead of a spray? That makes no sense to me at all.

agreed.

My complaints about the current psyker rules are only minor ones. I write them here not so much to add to the present discussion but in the hope that others are saying the same things and that FFG is listening.

- I've brought this up before but I'll say it again here: I really think that having separate phenomenon tables for each of the five categories of power added a lot of flavor to being a psyker.

- What I loved and found very fitting about Smite in the previous beta was that it could potentially be quite a high rate-of-fire attack. Now it's been reduced to equivalency to SEMI-auto. Lame.

With regard to what IS currently being discussed, I have to strongly agree with systrauser on the Willpower issue.

Dear FFG writers, please just read this and correct all of it in the book.

The separate charts did have a lot of charm!

This is why I prefer to stick with Willpower.

It doesn't matter if you're tough, strong or fast to use your powers. Psychic powers are the domains of the Will. It makes no sense that just because a guy can take a few punches and run for a long time he will be able to exert more control over the bodies of others.

Others, not necessarily. But if done 'Black Crusade fashion' then the focus power checks are defined ability by ability. If the power is 'control someone else's body' such as Puppet Master, then maybe toughness is not the way to go. But if the effectiveness directly relates to your own tolerance for pain (One of the healing abilities - I can't remember it's name - is a 'sympathy' one which essentially draws the pain and tissue damage out of your ally and into you) then using toughness to manifest it seems perfectly appropriate.