Delay Action once again a Half Action

By Darth Smeg, in Game Mechanics

I pointed out the confusion caused by Delay during Only Wars Beta, and it was changed to a Full Action there.

I assume the reversion to Half Action now is a result of some copy-pasting from previous texts?

I still think this should either be a Full Action, or it should be made clear that you CAN in fact take another Half Action first, then delay (not how it is supposed to work apparently)

Edited by Darth Smeg

I think you're right that it must be a Full Action. It says that your turn immediately ends when you use it, so if you use it first you only get a half action that turn but if you use it second you can basically have a full turn split at two points in the round for no cost (other than not being able to do full actions).

Would be very weird the way it is written.

Well, just because you happen to be "fastest" or quickest to respond to a situation doesn't mean that you MUST go first. There are situations where this is not beneficial (typically charging/getting charged), and I'm not convinced that another interpretation isn't valid.

What IS certain, is that the current wording WILL lead to confusion. As can be seen in these threads .