Recording and sharing the intro texts online?

By Zargas, in Mansions of Madness

Hi!

I have searched for the storyparts that are read before a game in audio format but I could not find what I was looking for. So I decided to start recording them myself.

My group would rather sit and sip on their favourite beverage while listening to the story, than to try to read it themselves. And with some simple effects and background music, I think it is easy to get a somewhat pleasing result.

Now, is this allowed to share online in mp3 format considering copywright?

-----------------------

EDIT:

The material is uploaded on two places, one is my soundcloudchannel I created solely for this purpose, the other place is boardgamegeek.com.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/zargas-mansionsintros/

The stories here are divided into playlists so you can navigate better, so look for the playlists and it will make a bit more sense.

Boardgamegeek: http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/97387/mansions-of-madness-voiced-intros-and-prologues

Just search for Mansions of Madness and Forbidden Alchemy, I have recently started on Call of the Wild, but not finished it yet. Remember the expansionfiles are under the expansionpages, not the first Mansions of Madness link.

If you have any suggestions or requests, please feel free to send a pm!

Edited by Zargas

I think your allowed to read a certain percentage of a work without any issues, if you look at all the cards etc on BBG I don't think it will be an issue really.

Here is the first introduction I made, along with the prologue variants. There is also a download button to get the mp3s. I will upload the rest as I finish them. I plan to have the first 5 done this week. View them as playlists if you find it hard to navigate. Enjoy a crazy swede with to much spare time talking ;)

https://soundcloud.com/zargas-mansionsintros/

Edited by Zargas

If you're worried about copyright infringement, you should just call FFG and state your intent. They will give you all the guidelines you need to follow. When I called and asked them in regards to custom components I was creating and would subsequently release to the forums, they said that as long as I didn't state that I was submitting a game expansion, or that I was releasing it on behalf of FFG, or try to sell anything that includes text and/or images from the game I would be fine. Give 'em a call and find out if there are any other restrictions.

I got a reply today stating that this particular project is greenlighted from FFG, but they reserve the right to change their minds in the future. If you plan on doing similar stuff, just send them an e-mail and explain your intent and they are probably going to be cool about it =)

Recordings are rolling, I do 1-2 stories each night. Story #4 should roll out in like 4 hours =)

Also, I'll probably do some adjustments along the way, re-uploading versions.

Edited by Zargas

Nice work :D

NICE! Will you be making more of these? Good job!

These are perfect, I'll probably use them in the future. I like choice of music, tone/accent and pacing

Very nice!

Ok, I just finished recording the Forbidden Alchemy expansion.

I will take some week break and actually play and enjoy my work now =)

Call of the Wild will be started in a few weeks.