Draw extra great person and scouts + social policy + relic

By Hena, in Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game

I have couple of questions that we have wondered here.
1. Some cards (Greek and social policy) allow drawing extra great person. If all of one type of person is already used and you draw one of that type and one other, what happens? (a) you can keep only the second card or (b) you discard the one that you cannot take and draw another until you hit a person which is possible to take. We have played in way of (b).
2. Original Republic allowed scouts to take huts and now that ability is in a social policy. For me it seems that it allows scout to be "like army figure". Does this thinking also extend to Relics as in scout would then be able to take it as well? We have played that you cannot, as RAW (rules as written) does not allow it. However it would make kinda sense.

Thanks,

1. should be (b). As an added note I would not count this "draw until you get a replacement" as triggering the ability to draw two more, thus giving you a choice between three.

2. No, it doesn't say relics and it doesn't count relics. The relics (just like Villages) are too powerful to be swayed by a scout alone. You need an army.

Thanks for that. So we had played them in correct fashion :) .