Any news ?

By Scyndria, in Dark Heresy Second Edition Beta

Any news about the release date or "beta-end"?

As i remember, it should be in the end of November.. But i can be wrong.

Anyone heard something?

Sorry if this is just a filler between good forum stuff.. I'm just really curious and my team wont start playing the system before the end of the beta.. :-/

I also want to know but maybe it's a good thing that they are letting us talk about everything before they try again.

Edited by Adeptus Ineptus

I disagree. They've spent ~2 months working on their game while we've spent that time arguing with each other in our tiny corner to little real effect. Anything we hash out could ultimately have no relevance at all to the system they come back with. I wish FFG would hurry it along so we all have something concrete to discuss.

I disagree. They've spent ~2 months working on their game while we've spent that time arguing with each other in our tiny corner to little real effect. Anything we hash out could ultimately have no relevance at all to the system they come back with. I wish FFG would hurry it along so we all have something concrete to discuss.

I agree. I've been getting a little agitated about it. I don't really want to be wasting my time discussing things that are irrelevant.

For my sake, it's really long time waiting without any updates at all the past 2 months. I have been working on a new scenario, but they wont start till it's done (the system), which is understandable.

But looking at the forum almost every day, this is kinda boring. For sure, i'll try and read the stuff you great guys are writing.. but I really want it done..

I did say maybe. Best case is that when we raise a point they check they have it covered, worsed case is they can't make something worth releasing but can't pull the plug.

It is their customer oriented information management as usual.

Due to the extensive nature of the changes to Dark Heresy Second Edition, our next update will be available at the end of November.

You've got five days before there's any reason to start tearing down FFG's name for being horrible poorly communicating liars.

Due to the extensive nature of the changes to Dark Heresy Second Edition, our next update will be available at the end of November.

You've got five days before there's any reason to start tearing down FFG's name for being horrible poorly communicating liars.

not said they lied.

just said they are not doing customer relations well.

How so? They set a release window and haven't failed to meet it, yet. I will grant that FFG usually handle customer relations abysmally, but in this case I can't see a lot to complain about.

I received a holiday card in the mail from FFG, so they're right by me.

2 months is not a long time to make large changes in. So my guess is they will have to push it as far as they can.

I don't care when they deliver, I care what they deliver.

FFG take the time you need to get it right.

Hey, I'm just glad that I haven't had to deal with Finals and the Dark Heresy 2nd ed. Beta Update at the same time. I'm hoping to use my Thanksgiving break to slave away at it, although I'm not entirely excited about the reversal of ideologies about the system. Nonetheless, I still feel that we'll get a product that will get us talking about something, which is honestly the best part. Whenever that happens, and it starts an effective process of criticism, I'll take it.

I managed to get a few games under my belt within the past 2 months, but I guess it would be too late now to give feedback.

I think FFG should've made some posts on the forum to give us hints of some of the changes. I played with 2 groups and they have grown accustomed to the new rules. I told the players that this ruleset was temporary and bound to change within a few months.
Although some changes would be really welcomed (such as talents, some gear and details about the wound system), we are worried features such as the Combat-AP system would be scrapped/unsupported. We even appreciate the new wound system after a few house-ruled tweaks.

I would really like to get some form of news from FFG. Hopefully, the last 2 months was enough time for the devs to come up with a clarified version of the current beta and avoid going back to the safegrounds of past versions (OW, BC).

I managed to get a few games under my belt within the past 2 months, but I guess it would be too late now to give feedback.

I think FFG should've made some posts on the forum to give us hints of some of the changes. I played with 2 groups and they have grown accustomed to the new rules. I told the players that this ruleset was temporary and bound to change within a few months.

Although some changes would be really welcomed (such as talents, some gear and details about the wound system), we are worried features such as the Combat-AP system would be scrapped/unsupported. We even appreciate the new wound system after a few house-ruled tweaks.

I would really like to get some form of news from FFG. Hopefully, the last 2 months was enough time for the devs to come up with a clarified version of the current beta and avoid going back to the safegrounds of past versions (OW, BC).

I'm about to start my own scenario, due to lack of patience now. I have made a few tweaks about the psykers, the weapon status/durability and the wounding system. But IMO, i believe it will work.

I do agree with you, that a few minor hints to what is going on, would be nice.

I'm about to start my own scenario, due to lack of patience now. I have made a few tweaks about the psykers, the weapon status/durability and the wounding system. But IMO, i believe it will work.

Totally agreed.

Some tweaks here - a little houserule there - and the Beta as was is perfectly fine.

Now we will get a "reworked" version after 2 months delay that will probably be more or less an updated version of Only War.

I still have hope it might not be that way, but that hope is not huge.

My heart goes more and more towards Catalyst Game Labs and their Shadowrun 5 - and thats a pity, because I really love the WH40k scenario.

Totally agreed.

Some tweaks here - a little houserule there - and the Beta as was is perfectly fine.

+1 to this. Me and my gaming group have been playing with the homeruled version of the Failed Beta and we have a blast with it.

Totally agreed.

Now we will get a "reworked" version after 2 months delay that will probably be more or less an updated version of Only War.

I still have hope it might not be that way, but that hope is not huge.

My heart goes more and more towards Catalyst Game Labs and their Shadowrun 5 - and thats a pity, because I really love the WH40k scenario.

I agree with you, a few tweaks and wupti, the system seems to have far less flaws. I really like the new system with some of my tweaks, and my group will (hopefully) do the same.

I would be sad, if they turned it towards the Only War, not because OW is bad, but i feel the different systems need some uniqueness - that said, some of the systems' mechanics may work together ofc.

Remarkably, even my sources have been silent. Whatever they're doing, it's being played tight to the vest.

hey all! new player looking to dive in to dark heresy (after bleak looking prospects coming from WotC). knowing about 2% of 40k lore, does any gamers out there recommend a good reading source on getting my feet wet so i can paint a believable world come DH2 release? novels, source books, anything really. preferably something not so specific, with it being so IMMENSE i'd hate to spend hours reading up on tyranid subculture right away :-) Thanks all!

hey all! new player looking to dive in to dark heresy (after bleak looking prospects coming from WotC). knowing about 2% of 40k lore, does any gamers out there recommend a good reading source on getting my feet wet so i can paint a believable world come DH2 release? novels, source books, anything really. preferably something not so specific, with it being so IMMENSE i'd hate to spend hours reading up on tyranid subculture right away :-) Thanks all!

Look at Lexicanum :P

Specifically for Dark Heresy, I don't think there could be a better read than the Eisenhorn and Ravenor novels. They follow each other chronologically, so I'd suggest starting with the first Eisenhorn novel: http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/xenos-ebook.html

Note that it's probably a better value to buy an omnibus.

Lexicanum is great for looking up specific information, but it doesn't lend itself very well to 'browsing' and getting the 'big picture'.

Specifically for Dark Heresy, I don't think there could be a better read than the Eisenhorn and Ravenor novels. They follow each other chronologically, so I'd suggest starting with the first Eisenhorn novel: http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/xenos-ebook.html

Yup, this. By far the best 'introduction' to the Inquisition and it's place in the 40Kverse. Eisenhorn Omnibus , then Ravenor Omnibus , then the (in progress) Ravenor vs. Eisenhorn series.

Lexicanum is great for looking up specific information, but it doesn't lend itself very well to 'browsing' and getting the 'big picture'.

Yup, this. By far the best 'introduction' to the Inquisition and it's place in the 40Kverse. Eisenhorn Omnibus , then Ravenor Omnibus , then the (in progress) Ravenor vs. Eisenhorn series.

Oh sorry, i missed that part.. Yes, lexicanum is "the all-knowing" (use some salt here) website :P